NFL | Eagles | Wild Card| MNF

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 14, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Jeff Garcia seems to be showing he's quite adequate to take over QB duties and the Eagles arent out of the race yet.

I am beginning to believe that the primary impetus for McNabb's success was in the press, who seemed invested in success of black quarterbacks.

And NOW it's okay to say that because of Michael Vick's problems and the success of Vince Young.

Otherwise, I might be banned if this was a few years ago..

heh....

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: NFL | Eagles | McNabb

I don't care what anyone says, McNabb is a great quarterback. He never won the Super Bowl, but he has lead a team to a Super Bowl appearance and four straight NFC Championships.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

He's like the Buffalo Bills of quarterbacks.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I have been impressed with Vince Young. I'll be the first to admit that I have doubted him for a long time and attributed his success to his athleticism and ability to make plays with his feet (ala Vick) but that he couldn't do it with his arm. He proved me wrong his last year at Texas and he is proving me wrong again with the Titans.

Who would've thought the Titans would be playing the way they are? Not me.
    I give Young a ton of credit, but I also give a lot of credit to Offensive Coordinator Norm Chow. He has been a winner everywhere he has been (BYU, NC State, USC, and now the Titans) and I think is another reason for the success of Young. Why??? because he puts his quaterbacks (he has groomed some great ones over the years) in situations where they can be successful.
    I'm amazed he has never been a head coach, but then I think sometimes people are better off staying in positions where they are having success....like him at OC. Maybe he's taking that lesson of putting his qb's in positions of success and keeping them within those realms to heart with himself at OC.

5. pettyfog

Re: RE: NFL | Eagles | McNabb

Hmmm yes... Jim Kelly. A great quarterback... or a good one?

Maybe my standards are different... I might even have said Carson Palmer was 'great', but that was hyperbole. He hasnt proved it yet.

There's only ONE great one in the whole NFL, right now .. Peyton Manning! MAYBE Tom Brady.
    And if you count the whole of the career, certainly Brett Favre.

McNabb.. just good.

6. pettyfog

RE: Re: RE: NFL | Eagles | McNabb

Watching the runup to Indy & Bengals on MNF... you'd think the Colts were the Falcons or some other up/down team. Everyone's picking the Bengals... and that would be alright if it were pure Fantasy Football... but it isnt.

As a Bengals fan I'm not real comfortable with all this hoopla. I dont think it's gonna be all that easy. Indy will find some gadgets to change the run defense .. and the Bengals had better have some other ideas.

7. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

I couldn't have put it better myself, Vince Young is the future success of The Titans and I'll be there tomorrow when we defeat the Jag's (I Hope)?

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

you got your wish.....great win for the Titans...and still an outside shot at the playoffs. Jeff Fisher for Coach of the year in my opinion!!!! how was the game Martin?

9. pettyfog

Re: RE: Re: RE: NFL | Eagles | McNabb

Sometimes it's truly NOT a good feeling to be right.

I'm not going to bother criticizing the Bengals, what happened was the TRUE Colts showed up. And that's why Palmer was off his timing.

10. Martin-in-Nashville

It was GREAT, Thanks for asking. I got invited by a company who has an Excutive suite, food and booze all game, I had to behave tho?
    After, going out the crowd noise was the loudest I have ever heard, singing and shouting so much JOY! wow what a change in season from going 0-5 to 7-7. yeah we do have an outside chance but we will have better chance in 2008 I think...GO TITANS!!!

Bills Next then NEW ENGLAND...I'll be there!!!

My wifes from New England and were both going could be intersting I just hope we beat the Bills which will makes the Patriots game more interesting.

GO TITANS!!!!

11. Martin-in-Nashville

RE: Re: RE: NFL | Eagles | McNabb

OK The Titans Need a bit more than a "Wish" today we need a miracle, but hey this is what football's all about. I'll be there with the other 69.144 others cheering them On so lets hope we get the result we need and then hope other help us out.

GO TITANS!!!