NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kwdawson, Apr 28, 2007.

1. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Im suprised no one started an NFL Draft thread. As a Browns fan Im really happy with Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn and Eric Wright. :banana:

2. K.Snyder

K.Snyder New Member

I'm wondering if Brady Quin has what it takes to be a Quarterback on the NFL level...

We'll all just have to wait and see...

With him being in the same division as my favorite team, the Cincinnati Bengals, hopefully he doesn't...

But all in all I'm surprised in some of the picks, but then again I think people are surprised every year...

3. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

The Browns trading to get Quinn was very shrewd. If he's better than Charlie Frye, it's a good move, in my view.

Miami taking Ted Ginn at #9 and then a 26 year old QB named John Beck from BYU makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.

The NY Giants and their seemingly large number of positional needs addressed 'em in day one. They got of the good CBs in this class in Aaron Ross. I hope he pans out as the Giants secondary SUCKED last year. They were thin at WR so getting Steve Smith in the second round was smart, and an extra DT doesn't hurt either, so I don't mind the Jay Alford pick. I hope they find a diamond in the rough for day 2 - hopefully a linebacker as the Giants are insanely weak there as of now.

Rutgers superstar Brian Leonard is a St. Louis Ram, selected #52 overall. I hope the Rams realize that he can run with the ball and catch the ball in addition to blocking. Using him as a blocking FB only is such a waste of his skills.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

I really really REALLY wanted the Giants to draft Leonard. It's not like Jim Finn is some superstar. (And I'm a Giants fan and a Rutgers fan so that would've been cool.)

More practically speaking, the center from USC would've been good too. Not sure why we drafted a WR there. Very happy with the first round choice, though.

The constant ESPN camera pans to Sad Panda Brady Quinn were AWESOME.

5. krhimself

krhimself New Member

I second his notion. I thought the Dolphins would draft Quinn with their pick, but once they passed on him, he was bound to fall a la Aaron Rodgers a couple of years ago. Fortunately for us, he landed right on our laps.

Safe to say, even though I'm a Seminoles fan, I won't be buying a Lawrence Timmons jersey anytime soon.

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

RE: Re: NFL Draft

The Browns paid a price to get Quinn, so hopefully he pans out. As a Buckeye fan I hope Ginn turns out, but he will have alot of pressure on him.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Fish need early bankable returns from high draft rounds. QB has to be exceptional out of the gate to do that and Brady 'aint all that'.

For example, no matter what Brady says aboout ND's offensive pro set, I rate Troy Smith (Ravens) a better deal if you had to start a rookie QB. Brady would probably end up being better - long term, if he werent on the Browns, that is.
    Browns have a long history of turning vaunted QB's into fair to middlin' ones.

That said.... if I were the Dolphins I'd have picked Anthony Gonzalez (Colts) over Ginn.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Ginn will be a bust in the NFL. I am not saying that as a Michigan fan, I am saying that as an observer of the college game. Ginn has speed, but has shown me very little in the way of pass catching skills, route running ability and overall presence as a wide receiver. We will see though what happen with him.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh... best deal for the 'money':

Randy Moss... not suitable for just any team; He's on the one team (other than maybe GB) that can handle him.

He'll respect the Coach, he'll respect the QB.

10. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

Could be the deal of the century if he goes back to his old self.

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The best thing about the draft is in the 1st round where you can go clean the garage, wash the car, organize the pantry, coach your daughters' soccer match, take a nap, and wake up to see what 5 players were picked while you were busy. All joking aside, couldn't they pick up the pace a little bit, a person can only take Mel Kiper in limited doses.

I've always considered Moss a far less detriment to a team than T.O. Pretty easy gamble for the Pats (a 4th round pick, restructured the contract), if the guy screws up he'll be gone. The last gamble like this NE took was on Corey Dillon and that worked out great for them.

As a Seahawks fan and your 1st pick is #55, kinda of hard to get excited about the draft this year.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Bears had a decent draft and I love how we finally drafted a good TE. Olsen will be a star and will give us more offensive options. We drafted what we needed and that is good enough as our team is the best in the NFC.

13. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

The Bears also picked up Chris Leak today in fa, so now they got awful ex-Florida quarterbacks.