NFL 'Big Dog' not feeling too good test: Pats at Bengals

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 1, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Spec that Chris Henry will be suspended by Cincy for the game, because of his constant breaking of rules and police blotter showings, combined with Palmer not being on top of his game makes this more of a matchup than it would have been otherwise.

So it will come down to Cincy defense making big plays. Brady has his own problems, and the key is whose defense makes the most of the opportunities.

Hate to look on the dark side, but if Palmer still isnt in sync, I'm hoping for Anthony Wright to start the second half. He knows and is comfortable with the system and will not be under too much pressure to prove himself.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: NFL

No worries Fog, the Bengals should be able to handle the Pats. It is a different Pats team this season unfortunately.

3. pettyfog

Heh.. not that easy. They still have Brady, and Belichick is no dummy on making the best of what he has.

I've changed my mindset a little since the season started: Had no idea that what is essentially a Quarterback transplant would make the Ravens that much better.
    And I worry about the Browns' state of mind, as the Raiders NEED this game much more than the Browns DESIRE it.

And.. sorry Tom.. you better be worrying about the Bears. A letdown is always just one game away! Could be today.. could be the next minnesota.. or even Green Bay... game.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I never once mentioned the Bears here Fog. I am not jumping on the Bears going to the Super Bowl bandwagon just yet as many here in Chicago are. Letdowns are inevitable in the NFL. That is why only one team has gone undefeated. I like what the Bears have done so far, but this is a long season and every game is a big game. I can't wait for tonight's game with Seattle here in Chicago. Should be a good one.

I like the Pats and have since the Bears whooped them in the 1985 Super Bowl, but this season there is something missing. Brady does not have the weapons he needs offensively and once again, there are a number of injuries on the defense that will make it tough on the Patriots. The AFC East will be an interesting division. The Patriots are the favorites, but I do not even think they are that good. It might be a competitive division, but it is easily the weakest division in the AFC. Every team in the AFC South (or whatever the name of the Bengals division is) is better than every team in the AFC East....besides the Browns.

I want the Pats to win today, but I am just not seeing it.

5. pettyfog

Not focussing on the Bears, Tom... just sayin' they seem MUCH improved over last year when all they had was a decent defense. But they as a team better not get into the fan-led hype.

Dang.. the Jets' O and D lines look pathetic! WOW>>>>>

What a turnaround in a few minutes! The Jets are NOW dominating the Colts all over the field... and who ever saw an on-side kick at 10:00 in the second quarter!

6. pettyfog

Heh.. exactly what I was afraid of.

Bengals D was less worthy and broke first. Game was closer than score looks, but once a defense gets broke... it affects everyone. Even the O line... gets Palmer sacked a bunh in the 4th.

7. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

:shock: :banana:

8. pettyfog

Dunno what THAT was about KWD.. but one last thing, tonight the Bears certainly werent gonna be surprised.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [added:}
    Oh, yeah... the Browns won, and WITH HEART!

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Petty, I clearly underestimated the Patriots. The score was not very indicative as you mentioned, but the Pats looked good.

Speaking of looking good, the Bears looked fantastic tonight!

10. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Yes the Bears looked really good tonight! I think they'll be staying at the top of the NFC North for season.

I was surprised with the Pats - Bengals game as I thought it would be closer.

The J! E! T! S! have the most exciting play-calling of the season so far. Onside kick early in the game, going for a TD on 4th down, and the lateral mania final play. Fun to watch.