Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and through

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Team_of_McBrides, May 28, 2007.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I just wanted to say hello to all of the cottager or whites, whichever you lot would like to be called.

I have taken a liking to Fulham FC over the past two seasons and even with their dip in progress I believe they will be moving forward eventually. The atmosphere that is present at Craven Cottage is fantastic and it truly seems to be a club of the people. The inclusion of Dempsey is a move in the right direction for the club and if you lot miss out on signing Hyppia it would be a poor choice on your part. Top draw in my opinion just can't displace Agger.

The lovely state of Indiana is where I call home and I'm an avid Liverpool supporter. Please keep all Inzaghi comments to yourself, but I find myself taking more and more of a liking to the whites. Don't know why and they won't replace my allegiance to the reds, but it just seems to be happening.

I will be studying abroad in London this fall and would like to see as many Liverpool and Fulham matches as I can. If you lot have any recommendations of where I should go or what to see please let me know. I believe I will be on the west side of london as well.

All the best and "you'll never walk alone"

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I like the Reds a bit myself -- many of us do after early May! -- and I especially like Carragher, Finnan, and Gerrard.

If you also follow Liverpool history, I hope you go the the main page and click on "The Day the Music Died."

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the good words about Fulham.

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Sorry to hear of your choice of team...although I like some of the scousers I've come across, I can say that I'm not a big fan of Liverpool unless they play the likes of Chelsea or Manchester United...or even Everton for that matter.

I've been up to Anfield this season and it saddens me that they are moving away from such a great ground.

So why Liverpool? Seems like such an easy choice!

4. Team_of_McBrides

Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and through

Wasn't such an easy choice at the end of Houllier's term and the introduction of Rafa. We made the champions league final which was fantastic, but if Liverpool wouldn't of won in such dramatic fashion they would be in the UEFA cup and Rafa's security would be on the edge.

Anyways, I was just engulfed by the fantastic fans, the kop, the illustrious history, captain stevie gerrard, hard nose players like carra and fin...plus they weren't a popular team with most "yanks" at that time. I mean the obvious choice would be Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan the list goes on, but I wanted to support a club that the fans meant just as much to the club as the players out on the field. Liverpool offers that. It has been a roller coaster of a time supporting them, but fortunately for me it has been more good than bad.

Anyways, with the inclusion of 3 Americans to the Fulham side it attracted me to watch them more and more. Craven Cottage is an intimate venue just like Anfield, maybe not to the scale, but still means everything to the supporters. I was saddened to see Coleman go, because I thought he was just going through a rough patch and he has lead Fulham to 9th place just a few season prior.

I will be studying abroad in London this fall and hope to see as many matches as I can at Craven Cottage. Which forum member was the article in either ESPN or SI magazine wrote about?

Cheers

5. americanmike

Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and through

You have no idea what a rollercoaster is like if you follow liverpool. Trust me and every other Fulham fan.

This club is the complete opposite of the Manure's, scum, Arse and L'pool...our fans have fought for the mere survival of the club let alone a trophy every once and a while.

With that said, COYW's

6. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and through

I am by no means taking anything away from Fulham fans. It would seem to be a roller coaster ride for Liverpool supporters, because hopes have been so high and then the side has underachieved or when the reds fight back to win games they were seemingly out of.

I wish to learn more about Fulham so as to be a proper supporter at craven cottage. I am sure fighting for promotion and fighting off relegation is quite feat onto itself. The cottagers have done quite well and you lot have a lot to be proud of in my opinion.

7. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and thro

Hi ToC,
    A few questions...are you English or American?? You type American but sound English...possibly a serious Anglophile? A bunch of us here.

Also, it could just be me, but if you want to make some friends around these parts, you might want to stop referring to us as 'you lot'. But maybe I'm just being picky. :)

Regardless, welcome to the FUSA...the best stateside supporters club.

8. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and

Excuse my terminology. It has rubbed off from many of the scousers. I am an American, but can't see to get enough of the world's game.

No worries on the critiques as well. Everyone on this forum seems to be a great bunch of supporters and seems a great place to discuss Fulham along with some football banter.

Cheers

You lot is now replaced with Cottagers, Whites or Fulham Supporters.

9. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through and

Oh yes, and I'm not an anglophile. Just appreciate the game of football. I've been talking and arguing about it for such a long time sayings rub off on me.

Apologies

10. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red through

.. even better, just say 'Us', it's more friendly, LOL

Greetings and welcome to the fold.

11. Team_of_McBrides

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Newbie who is Liverpool Red thro

Excuse the vernacular. I was corrected on it in another thread and did not mean to offend anyone.

Everyone seems to be a great bunch of supporters and the forum is well put together.

Thank you for the constructive criticism.

12. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

no problem mate, no offence taken at all, just a bit of tongue-in-cheek going on.

We'll keep working on you to become a lillie-white sooner than you think. LOL

Welcome !!!!!!

13. Team_of_McBrides

I've been talking with the scousers too long. They've got me saying "sound" and other scouse slang has just rubbed off on me. The majority of people on here are Americans so I don't need to worry about what I write mostly as it won't be combed through meticulously looking for errors.

Most brits don't think to highly of their yank counterparts in terms of football knowledge. Hoping to dispell that myth.

Lillie-whitehood...I guess here I come.