New to the messageboard

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by DawgTheDon, Dec 3, 2007.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

I've been a Fulham USA member for awhile but now I finally have the extra time to become active on the forums!

My name is Jason Gatties. I'm 32 years old and live in Southwest Michigan. I'm married with a 12 year old son and work as a Business Manager & Consultant in the security industry. I'm also heavily involved in politics and plan on running for office locally in 2008 for the first time.

I'm a supporter of both Fulham & Chicago Fire. Thats the best thing about having 2 teams to support, the season never ends. In addition to soccer, I enjoy Rugby, Football, Mixed Martial Arts & College Basketball.

I've been to 1 Fulham match back in 2003 when I visited England. I had a blast. My dream is to live in West London during my retirement years and become a season ticket holder. What a way to spend your later days eh?

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Hello and welcome Dawg!

3. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Thanks BarryP

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

DtheD! Welcome aboard; congratulations on wanting to give something back to your community. Best of luck in 2008!

5. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Thanks I'll need it, I'm a Libertarian Party member (local vice chairman), so my chances fall between slim and none. But, it will be fun.

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome Don! What made you become a Fulham supporter?

7. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

My wife basically. She's a huge Fulham supporter before I met her. Prior to getting Dish, her family would send us VHS tapes of previous matches so she could stay in the loop. We had one of those "multi-region" VCR's. So, Fulham just grew on me in the late 90's until now.

You're from Chicago? I live almost directly across the lake from you. I stated I supported the Fire, but I'm also a huge Bears fan.

8. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

ooops, I should have made that a little more clear. My wife was living in England when I met her, although she's South African.

9. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Dawg-
    Nice to have you here!!
    You must have a wonderful wife, if I could get mine to follow Fulham...
    MK - COYW

10. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome to FUSA Dawg...hope you enjoy and you've picked a great team. But I guess you already knew that.

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Indeed I am from Chicago. I had a few friends from college that were from right around St. Josephs, Michigan. That is not far from here. If you ever in town to watch a match let me know ahead of time and we can possibly meet up and watch together.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Good to have ya.. DtD {though that sounds like a description of me, posted by some idiot on the 'Offal'}

Even if you're in Michigan {ptuuii!} and a Fire fan {ha-w-w-wk, ptuuuii!}...

Never mind.. hope you and Tom can meet up at a Fire match next season.. and drag a few more in with you.
    We had a great Fulham meet-up in July at Crew/TFC match.

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Welcome DtheD. that's great that your wife got you hooked on Fulham. Good luck in your campaign for '08.

14. Fern72

Fern72 Member

DtHED, welcome to the board. Have family in Chicago, actually Sandwhich, Aurora area. I'm a big Bears fan myself, rough season so far. I also played rugby(OC Bucks) great sport, i actually enjoyed it more than football. Well, hope to see you post and maybe hook up sometime. PS good luck in 2008