New Riverside Stand! :)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Oct 8, 2011.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Yes, ANYTHING, and everything is an option if they can crack that challenge. They do not want to rely solely on FFC to bring in the cash and need a flexible and highly profitable space to gain non-matchday revenue. A scary thought in some ways...

2. tim

tim Active Member

I'd get married there. Just saying.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sellers and Hymel could start their European tour there. Yes, I love the club that much!

jumpkutz likes this.
  4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

5. jumpkutz

encorespanish, SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I still don't know if Khan is great at managing sports teams, but he does seem to know what he is doing with development and I hope he gets the chance to see things through at Craven Cottage. He's been able to get crowds to come to Jaguars games in large part because the venue is so appealing - lord knows it isn't the quality football. Khan has also won the right for a major riverside redevelopment project in Jacksonville that has people so excited that they write embarrassingly glowing columns like this one: http://jacksonville.com/editorials/...an-s-shipyards-plan-exciting-win-jacksonville

jumpkutz, encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  7. jumpkutz

I think he understands the money part of it. He knows an NFL team will make money whether or not they win. A Premier League team will make more money than a Championship team. But you've got to win to get back there. And he knows that the Cottage, outside the actual Cottage and the Haynes Stand, needs to be "re-developed." The tricky part: maintaining the historical and emotional attachment while modernizing and expanding in order to stay competitive. I think he gets it, when he talks about protecting, not damaging, the roots. The objective evidence to date suggests that he's better at managing our soccer club than Jacksonville's football team. As long as we keep making progress, and I believe we are, I'm OK with that.

8. jumpkutz

9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'm more confuseded. So Fulham submitted a application to redevelop the Riverside Stand and it appears to be the same design that was unveiled in September. :confused: I'm not sure what the reports from last week about a new design have to do with any of this. I'm wondering now if they were keeping the plans but putting out bids for a new developer and the reporting mixed things up. I just don't know. Well, either way, this is forward progress.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/december/01/fulham-fc-submits-riverside-plans

10. jumpkutz

11. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

encorespanish likes this.