New Member From England

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by EssexFan, Mar 22, 2007.

1. EssexFan

EssexFan New Member

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind but seeing as there are many American fans visiting our web-site in England (that's Fulham's official site) thought it's about time one of us visited you.

I have been a Fulham supporter since 1959 so I'm getting a little bit long in the tooth now, but that hasn't stopped me following them.
    With three American player's now at Fulham interest has never been higher and I thought it a good idea to hear your views.

First question is about Clint Dempsey as we have not seen a lot of him yet, Brian and Carlos we know about but lots of Fulham fans are looking forward to Clint playing but what type of player is he.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome Essexfan!! Any and all Fulham supporters are welcome to FulhamUSA.com!! You have definitely been with Fulham through thick and thin. Myself and others will look forward to reading your posts about the current squad and also some historical events in the club's earlier days that many of us may not even know about.

Cheers and welcome again!

3. dstriker

dstriker New Member

Hello EssexFan.

I'm a little perplexed on why Clint is seeing more action. Coleman stated he wasn't coming to sit on the bench, yet he has been doing alot of just that.
    Who knows?? Maybe he's not imressing or maybe he's just not fit enough. I have to believe he would add something at this point.

4. EssexFan

EssexFan New Member

Thanks for the welcome lads and I look forward to hearing your views on Fulham and as to the last post there are many English fans who are perplexed as to why Clint has not played more this season.

I think it has been down to match fitness as we have been told that he had not played for the three month's prior to him joining.
    Well he's with the American football (or soccer in the US) squad so let's hope he play's and then he should be fit enough for Fulham as well. :D

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Howdy EssexFan,

And you are definitely not alone in being a Cottager from the right side of the water. There are lots of exiles as well as natives who grace these pages.

Tom was right. We'd love to hear some tales of you early days watching the Whites. Welcome aboard!

As for The Deuce, one of the opinions posted a couple of weeks ago makes some sense to me. Dempsey is an adventurous type, and a little out of lock step with others. Because of this Cookie may be holding him back until the last threat of relegation dies away. Once we're truly safe, we might see more of him on the pitch. Personally, I'd like to see a start and at least 60 minutes out of him v. Pompey, but I'm sure if he goes 90 on the previous Wednesday for the USA, that might not be possible.

In any event, great to hear from you!

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Greetings, SexFan... we dont have a forum for that, but I'm sure we dont have virii and pesky adware either.

Whazzat? oh... never mind.

Welcome anyway.

7. BC

BC New Member

Welcome EssexFan, glad to have you on board. Deuce is a very passionate player with some style. I think once he gets some time on the pitch and gets comfortable with the role Cookie wants him to play, he'll really shine for us.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Cottagers can look forward to Dempsey providing a player who can put quality service into the box, he can hold off defenders quite well with his size, provides a different edge that helgusson lacks and he can put a decent shot on goal.

He was the MLS player of the year before he left, but he is a bit raw. Fulham seems to be the perfect place for him to sharpen his abilities.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

BC...didn't see that you are from Indy. I live in the Muncie area. Know any good pubs or bars to watch the matches in the Indy area?

Cheers