New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. RDG

RDG Member

Awww, c'mon!

That was the first I bought. It was a tenner at Big Mo's shop. It was less obnoxious than the home kit that year. So what that people think I'm a pizza delivery boy when I wear it around town.

Also, the pic of RUUUUUUFUUUUUUUSSSSSS brings back fond memories of seeing him rush down the left flank, only to have to gallop back, as no one in the midfield covered him. Sorry to hear he's finally retired.

2. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

I don't think anything can beat the uglyness of Cerezo Osaka's shirt. The old ones were like metallic silver and pink. Here are their other ugly ones. Those are from last year I believe.

I love both shirts. The whole retro design is awesome, we're pioneers in the whole design. I really want that away shirt, i love the stripes. It looks better with the white shorts. Black shorts would look like an AC Milan rip-off.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Those are some pretty awful shirts. Can't stand those bright colors like the yellows, orange, pink...etc...

I am still not sold on the away strip as much as everyone else, but odds are I will still buy it. Still waiting for the third shirt to be released before I decide which ones to buy. The home one is a given though.

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

dabs.com shirts

The dabs.com shirts are my favorite kits form the past. I have all three dabs shirts but I never bought one of the pipex ones.

5. Team_of_McBrides

RE: dabs.com shirts

I am trying to get a Pipex one now, but doubt I will be able to at this point in time.

IF ANYONE WISHES TO GET RID OF OLDER FULHAM SHIRTS PLEASE LET ME KNOW...I AM LOOKING FOR SIZES THAT ARE 42-44 INCHES AROUND THE CHEST

Sorry for the all caps. Just hard to come by Fulham shirts. Have to build up the collection.

6. Masshole

Masshole New Member

I do apologize for using them as a reference, but they were my childhood club, ah to be young and uninformed. The reason I say all red is because the two clubs that look somewhat like us aren't all red, therefore we wouldn't need to wear it all that often.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Understandable...just can't stand united even when they are just referenced for their color of shirt. I guess it is just my predisposition to not like anything relating to the mancs.

8. WVHartley20

WVHartley20 New Member

I Like them, simple clean looking

9. BC

BC New Member

Well, I don't like the away strip. Stripes like that should have stayed in the 70s :). Seriously though, I've never been a big fan of vertical stripes on football strips. Not sure why exactly but I just don't like it. Maybe the third kit will be a cool combination of black and white...

10. Team_of_McBrides

Agreed...I don't mind the colors, but vertical stripes always bug me a bit. The bhoy's shirts are great and their stripes tie the strip together well, but I am sure the new Fulham away strip will grow on me.

11. FulhamboyinTexas

FulhamboyinTexas New Member

Fulham kit...

Just love the retro look of the Home strip - it reminds me of The Maestro in his 50's era kit. Likewise can't wait to buy the Away kit - the black & red vertical stripes were not just worn in our 74/75 Cup Final season - it was used earlier than that, as I recall, and I loved it then and will love it again! That said, I've enjoyed the predominantly black Away strip with red flashes here and there, employed mostly since returning to the Top Flight.

Bob MBE.

12. FulhamboyinTexas

FulhamboyinTexas New Member

RE: Fulham kit...

13. Team_of_McBrides

I just read on the Fulham FC official website that the club shop will be reopening this Wednesday. They will have their full range of new Nike prodcuts avaialbe, but not the clubs new strip yet. Apparently we can purchase those in July.

Not sure when we can preorder through FulhamUSA...any news on that front Mike?

14. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm holding out hope that there won't be a third kit. I'm getting a bit tired of the "third jersey" phenomenon, it's all just marketing BS anyway.

15. Team_of_McBrides

The whole changing the shirt every season is a marketing BS bit. Just a way to soak the supporters for a few extra bucks. Plus, why are these shirts so expensive to begin with. Have to be the most expensive sports jersey on the market.

16. jmh

jmh New Member

Not even close. Good-quality baseball or hockey jerseys cost 2-3x as much.

17. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

A hockey jersey with the authentic lettering blows a football kit out of the water for sure.

18. Team_of_McBrides

I was referring to a replic shirt. Baseball and Hockey are similar in respect to replica shirts. Most soccer strips cost nearly $80 for a basic shirt and $98-100 with a name on the back. Those prices are comparable with one another.

Authentic shirts are astronomical in price for baseball, soccer and hockey. Maybe Baseball and Hockey might edge soccer out in the authentic department in terms of price, but I believe Replica Soccer strips are more expensive overall.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Even in end-of-season price-cutting mode, a replica NHL jersey with lettering/numbering will run you $160 from the NHL online store. (Though, to be fair, you can spend less at a third-party shop.) In contrast, a Red Bulls jersey I just bought was $110 with customization and including shipping. Heck, the Fulham shirt I bought in January was about the same amount including *international* shipping.

20. Team_of_McBrides

Well done...I've been proven wrong once again. Honestly should pay attention to hockey and baseball more, but the sports are just so dull and boring. If I did then I would probably pick up on how much the merch costs.

I would rather be stuck in a traffic jam than watch either sport on television.