New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The next two sentances are a moan that shows I can't handle change, but here goes....

I am a bit gutted about the way shirt, I was hoping for an additional stripe and a red collar. But, the thing that really gets me is the badge, I still have trouble accepting that badge on a Fulham shirt, I still really miss the crest.

So, I will stick with my mid-90's shirt and hope that it can last another few years.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Don't tell him, T_of_C! He hangs out all day with lawyers! You'll get sued for copyright infringement! They'll put you in prison with Paris H...

Aw, what the heck; go ahead and tell him! :twisted:

And GBFC, welcome to the Old Fart's Club. I'll teach you the secret handshake over a pint some day.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Don, since you "old timers" speak the same language which comes out as just Greek to me, maybe you should explain it to him. You know, in terms he will understand.

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Nooooo!!! Not with the Pizza hut on it!!

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Love the away kit!!! Fulham has the classy kits in the Premiership this season... probably along with Man U's home kit (both by Nike interestingly).

Fulham should keep these kits forever, but for sponsorship changes of course... cause it won't get any better than this and f'ing have some tradition with it. Why change your basic kit design if it works? This works so hopefully they don't change it.

If there's a third kit... I hope is just a black top and not that Chelsea blue crap.

6. Team_of_McBrides

Kits will continue to change from season to season in order to gain more profit off merchandise sales. It is a way for the club to maximize profit. Fans and supporters hate it, but clubs love it. Plus shirt sponsors and shirt designers make loads more with the constant change.

Shame...wish the shirts didn't cost an arm and a leg or I wouldn't have a problem with it nearly as much.

7. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

i'm getting both of them...love them both....or maybe i'll get one for me, one for my soon to be wife. i'm getting married by the way everyone. :)

8. Team_of_McBrides

Dogg,

Congragulations that is great news. You are making the plunge. Hope it all works out for the best and good luck in preping for the wedding.

When are you kicking it about again? I've just been so busy with the internship lately it has been tough to find free time.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks man. we're going to try for tomorrow. i'm going to send out an email and see what type of response i get back...give me a bit and i'll let you know

10. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

No - I refused that one! It is the GMB sponsored one, the following season had black and white checks.

Congrats omsdogg on the whole picking a wife bit - and even better work on her being a fulham fan. I wish you both every happiness.

11. Team_of_McBrides

Finally got my first Fulham shirt today. I ordered it from ebay and I love it.

[​IMG]

12. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

The all black dabs.com away kit was one of my all time favorites. I'll probably end up getting both of this seasons kits.

If you all want to have a debate on the color(s) of our third kit, here's how we can figure it out. What color/colors can Fulham wear that will not clash with the colors of Sunderland and Newcastle (the two teams our current kits clash with).

Omsdogg, congrats on the engagement...wish you the best of luck.

13. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

thanks everyone!!!! i've already had her watching matches with me, so i think the conversion will be easy...and she's a huge soccer fan so that helps. As far as the 3rd kit...what about all black? or black with white shorts and white socks?

14. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Ahhh I hate that V neck! yuck, and very metrostars! I'll pass on this

But thats alright I still love the home kit.

15. Team_of_McBrides

Mike...I was a fan of the red strip Fulham had a few seasons ago. I believe Pipex was the shirt sponsor then. I think that shirt is better than the away strip that was just released. Then for the third strip I would have it be all black.

So the white for home, red for away and the third would be black. Simple, easy, zen...I like it.

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

More black in the away kit would be my preference.

A red third kit seems doable. Not sure why they keep doing blue.

17. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That's my favorite so far. Let me know when you feel the magic. If you don't,.........

18. Team_of_McBrides

Tried it on for size and haven't taken it off yet. Love it and the magic is beginning to soak in.

Great shirt and can't wait to get another.

19. Masshole

Masshole New Member

Did anyone see Chelski's 3rd uni? I think they believe if they start dressing like Barca they might win Europe perhaps. I think their 3rd kit will be all red like ManU's.

20. Team_of_McBrides

There are plenty of other sides that wear all red...refer to those...not the mancs.

Thank you kindly.