New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Must be alone in that matter, but I thought the Airness strip was great. Wouldn't mind them having another season, but Nike does offer better financing and marketing for the club.

Plus Airness dropped the ball with supplying shirts to the public.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

You're sarcasm is duly noted!! As for the Airness kit, I didn't like it at all except for the away one, I could just barely stand that (which I bought for the missus). Who remembers those 'thumb holes'?!

3. Team_of_McBrides

I did lay that on pretty thick, but sarcasm aside I really do like the shirt. Can't wait for the away shirt to be released soon.

Mind explaining the "thumb holes"?

4. aavius

aavius New Member

I do like the retro look, but I hope it lasts better than some of my other Nike jerseys. The numbers and letters tend to crack and peel off after a while. If they stick to the iron-ons used on their jerseys worn the last couple of seasons, they should be fine. I will definately buy one when in London this fall.

5. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

I like it, but would have still preferred the round-neck - the collars are too intrusive in todays game, I like retro - but that's just TOO retro, even for me!!!!

6. Team_of_McBrides

Fort Wayne, IN...it is a small world afterall. I was born in Fort Wayne, IN. I'm actually just out in Salt Lake City for the time being for an internship. I use to attend the Bobby Poursanidis camps every summer and met the Beasley brothers. It wasn't half bad back home.

What parts of the Fort do you reside from?

Cheers[/img]

7. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

I now reside in the North West end, near Huntertown.
    Originally born and bred in Lillie Road, Fulham though.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Any tips you could give me about London? I will be studying abroad there soon. Can't wait.

How is the Fort treating you?

Cheers

9. Zack

Zack New Member

c'mon mike...i miss me some thumbholes! HA...did airness even get a website up and running...i was never able for the longest time to find a official site for them....just a hunch but nike will not do thumbholes and they have "somewhat of a IT department"....

10. Team_of_McBrides

Now I can't say that I hate the thumholes all that much. I most certainly alone in that department.

Oh well, they are French. What do you honestly expect them to design?

11. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

The name and number font is changing this season, but what you get on the back of you shirt is the same stuff the players get on theirs' - it is not a Nike product.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Any designs or articles that you care to post about the new font change for the names and numbers on the back of the shirts?

Thank you kindly

13. DBWalk

DBWalk New Member

I'll keep wearing my Airness McBride jersey with pride (because NOBODY here in Baghdad has one and the Brit soldiers are jealous as hell), but I do dig the new, old-school look. Classy, I think. I'll be getting one ASAP.

14. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

15. Team_of_McBrides

So just a slight difference really. Nothing too drastic.

Thansk for the link. I do appreciate it GBF.

16. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

ToC,

No problem at all.

When in the Smoke, every second saturday (and some weekdays) you need to face mecca (SW6) and pray for points.

Apart from that, it depends where you are staying and where you're studying I guess. Like any other city, London is dangerous for those that stray too far off the beaten path, and become beaten pathology subjects.

Best thing is to get some form of transport and get out of London for the days off, down the SW is best (just take the M3 or M4) and you'll be in Gods Country (Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire). Remember to drink loads of beer (not the lager crap) and each a pack of Walkers crisps each day (you know it makes sense).

.. and every second saturday and some weekdays, you will be required to face SW6 and pray for points (did I mention that already?).
    Dont' get into disucssions with Chelsea / Arsenal / Wet Spam / Charlton / Brentford / Millwall / Palace / Orient / Spurts / QPR fans, as they will all lie to you and say their team is best. They know sweet FA about the beautiful game, obvious as they don't support Fulham I guess, and will just throw mindless facts at you, like about ending up higher in the Prem than we did, and all that, just don't listen to them, they are sent by the devil to distract all good people.

One last thing .. when you do come back over here, I charge a box of Walkers roast chicken of Beef and Onion crisps for such advice ... and I expect (LOL).

Apart from that, anything I've missed??

Tony

17. Team_of_McBrides

Tony,

I have received loads of great advie from many of the other Cottagers on this forum, but none that had as much humor as yours. Still laughing as I look back and give it a read.

I'm going to utilize the public transit as much as I can while in London. Straying off the beaten bath is not on my list of to do's. Although I am 5'9" 155 lbs and if that isn't a menacing site I dont know what is. So I doubt anyone would want to mess with me...(rolling my eyes and hoping to be fleat footed in any event)

Praying and hoping for points while facing the SW6 is a must. I think that is where many of my weekends will be spent amongst the good people of Fulham. Cheering on the Whites.

I've already realized that Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham (a small few are decent fans), Brentford, Millwall, Palace, Orient, Spurs and QPR fans do know FA about football. They continue with their mind numbing banter about their club and how it is far superior to Fulham. They've probably just had a few too many. In any event I will proceed with a proper round of banter with any of them.

So will you be over in London during September to December of this year? That is when I will be studying abroad and I can fulfill your request of Walkers Roast Chicken of Beef and Onion Crisps. Also, I seem to drink any beer under the sun so the task of enjoying good brew will be easily taken care of. The thicker the brew the better.

Don't think you missed anything Tony. Just get some drinks in.

Kevin

18. BC

BC New Member

Mike, are the odds pretty good that you'll be able to sell the new kits through FUSA? I'd much rather buy them from you guys if possible. I'm wanting to get one as soon as they come out but if I know I can get them through FUSA then I'll wait.

19. Team_of_McBrides

Same here.

Would much rather purchase them through this site. It would save on all the over seas calls and working with the club shop. Let us know and I will be one of the first to order a shirt.

20. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Any estimation on when they'll be available to purchase Mikey?