New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I agree with you to an extent of traditional shirt. Which club's style of shirt do you dislike?

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

It is not really any style that I don't like, I just don't like modern touches thrown into a traditional look. I also dislike bad color schemes.

Fulham's kit this past year wasn't bad at all, better than previous years... but I would have preferred something like next year's kit. A kit without any lines except maybe on the shorts. I also didn't like Fulham's third kit. Horrible colors in my opinion.

If Fulham is Black and White, make the kit black and white. A white top and black shorts. A black top and white shorts.

Simple is best, just like Penn State's and Notre Dame's football unis.

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

As far as not liking certain teams kits. I probably dislike Middlesbrough the most. I used to not like Blackburn's but it has grown on me.

I just think if you are going to where a solid top, have it be completely solid. Maybe have a black collar on a white shirt and vice versa, but keep it simple.

Manchester United had the best home kit this past season I think.

4. Team_of_McBrides

That is understandable.

I agree Middlesborough had a terrible shirt, Blackburn's left something to be desired, couldn't stand Sheffield's home shirt and Wigan's again was just terrible.

5. Masshole

Masshole New Member

I pray that they don't have that silly collar. I think Liverpool's kit this year was terrible and out new collar is even worse. I don't want to look like I'm support the Fulham Tennis Club.

6. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

"Too bad there aren't any left...FFC had a limited supply from the get go. Give the new kits a chance, they'll be fitted much better than the pics show.

:)"

NO KIDDING! I asked for one for my b-day. My husband and another one of my friends went searching on several soccer related sites and eBay and found nothing. People don't want to part with the goods, sadly for me...but it shows the dedication of the Fulham fan :D

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Aaaah, Decatur. Went to Decatur High back in the day. Left after two quarters. Can't say I miss it.

But the city istelf has become quite nice. And of course the Emory area has always been nice.

8. Team_of_McBrides

I will agree that the away and euro shirts were terrible. There must of been a late night drinking session before those designs were submitted, but I do like the home shirt. The collar not so much. If the collar could be more like Chelsea's where it rises up a bit from the neck that is all well and good, but the full collar bothers me.

Craig Bellamy even cut off the collar for every home shirt he wore this season.

9. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I didn't like Wigan's home kit from last year. There colors just kind of suck, but I thought this year's wasn't as bad. I did think their away kit was cool though. I liked Watford and Reading's away kits as well.

Watford's colors suck as well.

10. Team_of_McBrides

Worst shirt I have seen for a while...

[​IMG]

Palermo

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

What year is that? That wasn't their home kit this year. I actually kind of like the pink and black. There away white shirt with Middlesbrough like stripe with an eagle wasn't too pretty though.

I didn't like Sheffield United's kits that much either, but I like the pinstripes. Southhampton and Sunderland I like.

What I really don't like is the crazy teams that have like yellow and orange as their away shirt. Horrible. Shame on Liverpool!!!

12. Team_of_McBrides

True...the away shirt looked more like a traffic sign than a football shirt. The euro shirt wasn't much better.

13. BC

BC New Member

The Yanks Abroad store has a few Bocanegra shirts left. Sizes are limited but you might get lucky.

Since we are speaking of best and worst kits, here is a link worth looking at:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=336980&root=extratime&&cc=5901

As for my favorites, in the Prem this year I liked the Newcastle away kits. I also like the Everton home shirt. I'm not a big fan of the latest Man U shirt but I always like their red shirt/black shorts look as well.

Another useful link, which has been posted in the forum before, is this one: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/. It shows you all the kits for many English teams throughout their histories.

14. Team_of_McBrides

Just keep that bit of information to yourself right now. I am trying to get around to buy one. Don't have the required $95 plus shipping for the shirt though. They really are literally charging an arm and a leg for football shirts these days.

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Next Season, we'll be offering kits through FulhamUSA (fingers crossed) and we'll be getting around the high shipping costs.

16. Team_of_McBrides

Would you be acquiring the shirts from the club or from a seperate company such as Kitbag, World Soccer Shop...?

Hope it works out. Shipping rates are ridiculous.

17. christopher

christopher New Member

I'm actually quite surprised how many people like the airness kit. I thought it was the worst kit I've seen for a long time. Skinny shirts with big puffy looking shorts and socks with a lightning bolt down the sides. Terrible looking, poor quality and a bit too feminine for my taste.

With that said, I obviously like the look of the new home kit. How brilliant will that one look with Hayes on the back.

18. Stucki

Stucki New Member

I like the classic look. I could actually wear this one to work.

19. Team_of_McBrides

Glad to see that it fits into so many people's casual business attire. So I guess business crowd, golfer or club tennis enthusiasat is Fulham's new target demographic...

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Yeah, those socks were AWFUL.