New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Retro Vs Modern

VB, yer killin' me, pard! Haven't laughed that hard all day.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

RE: Retro Vs Modern

VonBilly, that was outstanding. Thank you.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i dont think i'll ever enjoy these simply because i loathe nike. i mean, its great the club is getting a record deal. but i cant accept with that company (but then...practically all clothing company's dont treat their employees well).

i am also bummed the airness deal fell through. i really liked them for their aesthetic and uniqueness as a label. and the black away shirt and short combo was just awesome.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

If you compare Airness' shirt from last season and the Nike shirt....I would have to say the Airness shirt looks much better. Both the home and away shirts were fantastic and still close to being my favorite Fulham shirt (aside from a few Puma shirts).

5. Team_of_McBrides

Re: Retro Vs Modern

Funniest little bit I've seen in quite some time. Thanks for the laugh.

6. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I really like the new home jerseys. I felt last season's was too busy. This more simple (could it be more simple??) design is just right.

Noooooo! We want Fulham to do well! That must mean they stay away from anything Metro!

7. Team_of_McBrides

Boring club to watch in the past, but they are quite a good side as of late. Juan Pablo Angel is phenominal, Mathis is renewed and Altidore is progressing well.

Angel is so impressive to watch. It is a shame his career didn't go as planned in the premier league.

8. RDG

RDG Member

Nice kit.

With the dollar doing so "wonderfully" against the pound, I may just be able to afford a home and away jersey, rather than a trip to the Cottage.

For those of us who were wondering last year, I think the same question can be asked again: will this be available in the Smokin' tight fit and/or the NJGlen relaxed fit???

:)

9. BC

BC New Member

Hopefully the sizing will be similar to Nike's other strips. I hate ordering a shirt from across the pond not knowing if it will be the right size.

First impression of the new kit was mixed. Not a big fan of the collar and I agree with those above that it looks like a polo shirt. I do think the design will grow on me. It's very similar to Aberdeen's kit from this year:

[​IMG]

10. Zack

Zack New Member

WOW have i been out of the loop as well....loving living in DC(area)...work is a pain, but this is great up here...and great over the past few weeks seeing the positive news out of sw6.....these kits are very nice...prefer necklines like the current white usmnt kits..but if its same nike material kits are being made with..these will quickly be favorites..heck i may buy a india nike kit b/c of the comfort of it!! once again nice kits.now back to work!

11. TonyTX42

TonyTX42 New Member

I like the new look--very classic and the switch to Nike is going to be VERY good for fans (read: AVAILABLE shirts). As much as I really, really liked the design of the Airness kits from 06-07, the new ones are pretty badass in their traditionalism, and I'm really interested in the look of the red-and-black striped kits. Either way, I'm looking forward to being a Fulham shirt owner (and actually having one I can purchase). All in all, a big thumbs-up for the new kits.

12. Team_of_McBrides

Can't wait until Nike releases the whole line of trainers, shirts and other accessories this season. They normally do a great job with eveything. Celtic's gear has looked fantastic ever since they switched from Umbro to Nike. Hope the same happens for FFC.

13. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Meh. It's okay...however, I think I will look for discounts on last season's kits!

14. Team_of_McBrides

With you on that one and will follow suit.

15. jmh

jmh New Member

Nike's quality control is pretty standardized (in a good way). I'd guess that you can expect these to fit the same as any other Nike shirts you may have tried.

(In contrast with, to pick on a frequent offender, New Era.)

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Too bad there aren't any left...FFC had a limited supply from the get go. Give the new kits a chance, they'll be fitted much better than the pics show.

:)

:banana:

17. Team_of_McBrides

Mike...I know there is a limited supply of the Airness shirts available, but what is the best bet to get a hold of one? Ebay?

18. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I screwed up major when I ordered the last Puma kit from two years ago. Went for a medium rather than a large and it was really tight in the arm pits :( . Can't stand wearing it, so I don't.....

19. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Ebay is the only way and is for limited supply, you mean no supply. Then you are correct.

20. Lyle

Lyle New Member

New kit looks great. Minimalist is best. Will be one of the better kits of 07/08. They shouldn't ever change the way it looks either. Can't stand all the modern/post-modern kit styles.