New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

any club historians have any pictures of the 74-75 away kit? I'm seriously impatient to see what it looks like.

Ever since "that goal" I've owed HatterMom a new #23 shirt, and I want a Volzy shirt for myself. Probably getting both of us away jersies

2. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Too much white and I'm not a huge fan of the golf shirt collar. Definitely looking forward to the away kit. Also, with an all white home kit and red/black striped away, isn't FFC going to look a lot like AC Milan? If so, think we can trick Kaka into playing a few matches as our #10?

3. FFCBaltimore

FFCBaltimore New Member

I also dislike it. Its a bit too plane jane for my taste. That is the risk with Nike; they often produce boring kits. I really liked the Airness kits from this season, but I guess the incompetence of that company was too much to bear for the next two years (the remainder of that contract).

Also, I'm new here, so sorry about the enormous avatar. I keep trying to change it but to no avail.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I actually like the move from the uber yellow away kit they had this season. I just could not understand the concept of such a yellow kit being used for a team that calls themselves "The Reds".

But that Euro one is a bit fugly, even by my tastes.

5. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I think the black is cool. The white looks like you want to be the three lions. Shame on ya.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Here is the away kit of 74/75. You can also view it in the History Compilation video I/we put together. Its the last goal in that video (Mitchell has scored!!)

[​IMG]

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Looks a little "rugby." If there's a short-sleeved version with that design, I'm all over it!

Thanks, Mike.

8. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I agree that the yellow away shirts were terrible. Adidas has dropped the ball in terms of away and euro shirts. The home one I really like. The collar kind of bothers me though.

9. Team_of_McBrides

The more and more I look at Fulham's shirt the more I seem to like it. I think that most will come around to it.

10. mateo1236

mateo1236 New Member

Red and Black shoudl be brilliant. With all the Yanks turning out, can someone say Metrostars kit?

11. Team_of_McBrides

Couldn't stand those shirts...Oh the early days of the MLS

12. americanmike

Also, I must say, I am very very biased towards a collar. I remember turning mine up when I was a youth because Cantona did it.

Don, there will be a short sleeve version, the kit I showed you just happened to be a 74/75 longsleeved one.

I will get both kits as soon as they are out but I love the history behind them...plus, with that said, I don't think the photos are the 'final' ones, just a few in XXL that they gave to the players to show off.

13. Team_of_McBrides

That is probably a bit of your history you shouldn't tell many people. Couldn't stand Cantona then nor now.

The whole Joga Bonito campaign was a joke with him as the spokesman. Play beautiful, honest, fair and with integrity. This coming from the guy who karate kicked a fan in the first row, but I must say he had loads of talent.

14. jmh

jmh New Member

It certainly could be worse. The only thing that bothers me is that the LG logo is really REALLY eye-catching since the shirt is basically plain otherwise. With this past season's Airness/Pipex shirts, at least there was enough else going on that the logo wasn't all there was to see.

Like everyone else, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the away design. Red and black is a good color combination IMO. (Says the Metrostars fan.)

By the way, re: the photos in the news release, it's great to see Jimmy Bullard wearing a uniform again.

15. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

The more I think about them the more excited I get. I really can't afford both but I'm going to have a really hard time not doing it anyway!

Suddenly I feel really optimistic about next season and can't wait for it to start. Which is really very retarded because, 24 hours ago I couldn't have been more negative. Logic gets really deluded when your emotions get to involved :eye popping:

16. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

I was going to say the same thing about Bullard, jmh. I hope this is good news for his injury status.

My first take on the shirts was "plain" and "polo," but the away kit colors look tantalizing, and I have a feeling that if the lads play well, they could be wearing sackcloth and ashes and I'd proclaim it the greatest shirt design on the planet.

Really, I'll be interested in getting the players' takes on the shirt designs-- not so much the look, but the feel. If they are comfortable and happy, I'm happy.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Comfort is key I guess, but I am sure the club would sacrafice comfort for sales. Not to have a business only look though, because the players do matter.

When is the release of the red and black shirt?

18. americanmike

We did have an away strip that was similar to the one that we may come out with, but I suspect FFC will replicate the 74/75 kit exactly.

[​IMG]

19. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

Retro Vs Modern

I've always said, as long as its a white shirt and a black pair of shorts, its fine by me.
    looks like Preston's Kit
    but its the best kit i've seen since the ADIDAS Championship shirt.

anyways check this out, another take on Retro vs Modern
    i'm still cracking up over this one
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yzhlAQgv7kE

20. Oz1151975

Oz1151975 New Member

I like the new kit. It could use a little something extra. It also looks baggy compared to the Airness ones. Sounds like the away kit will be very interesting, especially if they do an AC Milan thing with the red and black stripes.