New Kit Revealed

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 30, 2007.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Your thoughts??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like it, but I always go for the 'retro' ones...also, I can not wait to see the black and red away kit which is also the retro one from 74/75 season.

I will be the first in line to get one.

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Eww. Compared to last seasons, I don't like this one as much.

But sure enough I will still go out and get one as soon as I can.

3. youngned

youngned New Member

I like it and will certainly buy it

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Very bland...it reminds of something I would see on a tennis court at Wimbledon--only it has a logo in the middle. But I guess there won't be any shipment or quality control problems with these simple kits.

5. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Re: RE: New Kit Revealed

I was thinking the same thing. Does kind of remind me of a Polo shirt you would wear to work on Dress Down Friday or somethin'.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I like the simplicity alot, less is more and it is truly Fulham (black and white). It matches our kit from 1903 (as per the press release from Fulham) and the away kit will match our away kit in the 74/75 season. Classic.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I like simplicity too and a retro look, but these kits really remind more of a polo shirt you see men wear at golf courses or on tennis courts. It's just not saying "footie" to me. Plus, fans will most likely be just wearing the shirt not the shorts, it's missing a touch of black...and possibly a little red? I don't think these are horrible...just too plain. And I will most likely purchase a jersey--I do think these are an improvement on last years'.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sometimes simple is good.

Plus this opens up NEXT season's design to be just about anything in the way of a design addition.

9. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

I like the new kit. True, it does look more causal, but classic "old school" feel to it. I'm not too sold on the idea of the red/black strip away shirt, but I guess we will just have to wait to see what it looks like.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The new kit seems a little too dull for me. Perhaps though once I see the kits in action on the pitch I will like them more. I am excited to see the Red and Black kits as well. Those should be interesting.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like the simplicity and the fact that it looks more like an old time football jersey and less like a IRL jersey. Nice to see the corporate logo and the shield almost the same size.

I have a feeling, though, that I'll probably wind up buying the away shirt. Any idea when that'll be available for viewing and purchasing?

12. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Christian likey.

Like Fulham, classically understated, but still uniquely attractive.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Airness had a unique and attractice look to the shirt they provided to the club this past season. Must say I liked their design, but this new nike shirt provides something on completely different spectrum.

It is retro or throwback if you will. Intensely plain and simple, but it is better than try to go for a modern look and getting it completely wrong. Not disappointed in the shirt design. Think it will be happily accepted by most.

When do the away and third kit designs get released?

14. psand22

psand22 Member

Yea, I like the new look, but can't wait to see the away shirt. I'm sure I'll have that one. I think the move to Nike and LG was a great idea. Now let's sign a few defenders to put in these new kits.

15. krhimself

krhimself New Member

It seems too simple for me, but as mentioned, it beats formulating a new-age look and getting it wrong. I'll probably come to appreciate the design more and more as time goes on.

P.S. I just got back from a three-week trip to Japan -- and have a huge amount of catching up to do on these forums! :shock:

16. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I really really like them. I never warmed up to the airness kit and this is a big step up.

I would agree that if you saw a guy wearing one on the street you might not recognize it as a soccer jersey right away but I think they'll look very nice on the pitch. I hope you'll be able to purchase them with numbers and player names on the back.

Its interesting that they announced this so soon. There must be a reason for that, perhaps LG thought they could get more publicity this way?

17. Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln

Hard_Drinkin'_Lincoln New Member

I love the new kit. Straight white and black except for the sponsor (I can live with that.) and the badge (Give me one of the earlier badges please.).

Sometimes an understated approach is better. Spurs' kit from last year with the new logo looked class to me. I'm glad to see Fulham follow a similar path with this kit.

18. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

19. andyns

andyns New Member

I really like the shirt. I might even be able to wear it out for dinner without the missus realizing it is a jersey.

20. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, what WE alll want to know is if Lee is coming over or not.