New Home Kit

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, May 20, 2008.

1. SamStej

SamStej New Member

I like it, I think that it's sleek and classy. Also the shirt is pretty basic, I find that a lot of times teams do too much with their kits but this one is simple.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Last year's kit had "Fulham" in cursive on the back of the collar as well, it was just hard to see since it was done in a light gray on the white collar.

Also, you should be able to buy the kit here, without having to worry about currency exchange and international shipping (it is currently not on the site, but should be soon):

http://www.subside.us.com/

3. heestj10

heestj10 New Member

The new home kit is released on the day I get my economic stimulus check in the mail. This is proof that Jesus loves me and wants me to be happy. :D

Think I am safe getting a 21 BULLARD on the back?

4. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Simple, sleek, solid. I like the look.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Thanks. Yeah, I know a few US sites that sell a good variety of soccer stuff, they just take a little while to get them in stock.

6. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

big fan of the faux-collar though i didn't know that's what it was called.

7. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

LAX, when I use that site, the only one the have is one from several years ago. maybe i'm missing something.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

LA did say that it was not available yet but should be soon.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

My jabot will look good when paired with the new shirt.

10. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

ah, gotcha. missed that part.

11. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Looks good , nice and clean looking.

12. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

So, my wife was in London for the past 2 weeks for business, and being the delightful, wonderful woman that she is (despite her questionable judgment in being married to me for 10 years), she decided to try to take the opportunity to buy me a new Fulham jersey (she just recently found on e-Bay my favorite jersey from a few years back with the wide red/black stripes on the sleeves). So, anyway, she goes to to the Fulham gift shop, only to be told that the new home kit isn't availble in the shop for a couple more weeks, but that she could place an order for early delivery, which she did.

Not wanting to come home empty-handed, however, my wonderful wife decided to try Harrod's on the chance she might be able to talk someone there into opening the boxes a little early, as through some quick searching on the net and a few calls, she was able to discover that the kits are ready, and will go out for the pre-orders in the next couple days. She goes to the football gear department at Harrod's, only to discover that the boob working there HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT, AND KNOWS LESS ABOUT ENGLISH FOOTBALL THAN SHE DOES, AND KNOWS ALMOST NOTHING ABOUT FULHAM. Keep in mind, this is at Harrod's -- MAF's flagship. When asked if she could describe the jersey, my wife says that she's pretty sure it's white, with some minimal black and red lettering. The salesman insists that he's pretty sure that Fulham's color is "bright blue," and tries to sell the shirts of several other teams.

My wife, being the lovely, persistent woman that she is, says, "Oh, I think they have a new jersey -- could you check in the back to see if anything has just come in?" He goes in the back, and comes back to say that it looks like they have some, but, unfortunately, adds that he'll have to check with his manager. Sadly, the manager nixes the idea, and so she gets this past years' home kit instead. So close!

Anyway, the new one should be arriving in the next week or two anyway, so I've gone from one ratty old jersey to three brand-new jerseys in the span of a couple weeks. Good times!

13. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Sweet.

Want to sell this years?

14. jmh

jmh New Member

ChicagoFan, that's an impressive effort out of your wife right there.

15. Bradical

Bradical Member

Anyone hear when the away kit is due to release?

I'm hoping for minimal to no changes from last year's. Last year's was pure class.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

just ask Man City :banana: , Pompey :banana: , and Reading! :banana:

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

If they change it, I hope it is all black and not all red. Hate the all red look.

18. Archie

Archie New Member

Think I'll buy a blank like posted above and buy a taiwanese FFC badge off ebay. Sew it on, presto - a Fulham kit at half the price. Plus, your not a walking bilboard for a cell phone company.

19. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

lol Archie, glad to see you haven't burned up out there in the heat (95 degrees sounds pretty good right about doesn't it?).

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I guess this is proof of how hard it is to satisfy a fan base, because I don't like the all black look, and like the red jersey better.