New Fulham fan from Illinois....

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dstriker, Jan 30, 2007.

1. dstriker

dstriker New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself..

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

the artist currently known as dstriker?

Welcome, dude! We've enjoyed your artwork for a while now.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hello DStriker and welcome to the site.

What's the story? Where, when, how, why, Fulham?

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Dstriker as you can see from my name, I am from Chicago as well. We will have to get together at some point and watch a match.

Cheers and welcome!

5. dstriker

dstriker New Member

The story.....well, short version..

Just got into the Premiership this season. I was looking for a club to follow and initially thought it may be.....gulp.....Man U.....But, after watching the Premiership season so far and after the rumors of Dempsey joining McBride and Boca at Fulham I started really following Fulham. Needless to say, it's been a blast talking with everyone on here and TFI. I've found myself really wanting to see Fulham highlights, hoping they win, etc.
    In any event, I really just claimed early to be a Man U fan without really knowing much about the Premiership...now I can honestly say I am a fan of Fulham. I really am.
    I'm a very new fan to the Premiership and trying to get all the knowledge I can. I don't claim to know alot at all..but hey, you have to start somewhere.
    Thanks

BTW..I have all of the Fulham caricatures on my site together now if you ever want to see them
    www.soccercaricatures.net/fulham

6. dstriker

dstriker New Member

Tom....I have lived in Illinois all of my natural life....up until 1 year ago when I moved to.....Iowa.....unfortunately.
    But, I do go to Chicago alot to visit family and friends. I'm technically not from the city, but a little west of there. I just say Chicago so people can get an idea.
    However, I would give anything in the world to move back to the Chicago area....I miss Illinois.

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Excellent caricatures!! Nice work! You will find many others on here have found a similar path to Fulham. They are a great team to support. You will ride a rollercoaster of emotion supporting them, but it is a great club with great supporters!! Welcome again!

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: New Fulham fan from Illinois....

Well, if you make it back to the area for a visit and want to watch a match, let me know.

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: Re: RE: New Fulham fan from Illinois....

welcome...if you ever go to the mb on the club's site...don't listen to nick bateman "know's his footy"....that guy's a jack ass!!!!

10. dstriker

dstriker New Member

RE: Re: RE: New Fulham fan from Illinois....

Tom, where do you watch the games? In the city or burb or where??

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: New Fulham fan from Illinois....

Well, seeing as I have Setanta and Fox Soccer Channel at home, I rarely venture out in the city to watch matches much anymore. However, in the event I do go to a soccer bar, I always go to the Globe on 1934 W. Irving Park Road. Great owners, great fans and a great environment.

I should go there for more games, but with the ability to watch the matches at home and no other Fulham supporters there, it is nicer to watch the matches at home....especially in the winter.

12. JMF

JMF New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New Fulham fan from Illinois....

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around!

13. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

Greetings .. and welcome to the Greatest club in the world - I should know - I support them !!!

BTW - Great stuff on your site, good prices, R U gonna do one of the Fulham Team or any of the other players (past snd/or present)?

14. dstriker

dstriker New Member

Well.... was sort of waiting to see if they won the FA Cup??? If they do I will definately do it this season. If not, I will probably wait and see what players are here and which are gone at the beginning of next season and do it then. Thanks alot.

15. JMF

JMF New Member

I agree. Great work on your caricatures... I'll be in contact for a few in the near future.

16. BC

BC New Member

Welcome dstriker. I too started out "supporting" ManU and eventually found my way to Fulham (thank goodness!). This is a great community that will make your support of Fulham all the better. I'll soon be moving to the Decatur, IL area so it'd be cool if a bunch of us Illini (sorry Tom :) ) could meet in Chi-town for a match.

17. dstriker

dstriker New Member

Decatur huh? I have family down there and actually worked in that area for a year.

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Let me know when anyone of you wants to watch a match or make the trip up. I am always up for it.

19. dstriker

dstriker New Member

The next time I am in the area I will definately make the trip..Are any of you married?? Do your spouse ever join you??

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New Fulham fan from Illinois....

I just got married this past September. My wife comes with me from time to time. If I am going to be alone, she will come with. As a Fulham supporter in Chicago, there can be many lonely days watching Fulham matches at the pub.

She is a trooper though. She will go and support Fulham. She would come out to the pub though for sure.