New 007?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Krista, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Krista

Krista New Member

Quick -- someone give me at least five reasons why I should not be ENRAGED over the new 007?

They picked Daniel Craig over:

Clive Owen;
    HUGH JACKMAN;
    Eric Bana;
    PIERCE BROSNAN;
    Jude Law;
    I'd even take the lecherous leprechaun Colin Farrell!

2. madrat

madrat New Member

agree this craig fella looks more like a side-kick than a 007..... but anybody but colin farrell.... he would have me rooting for spectre...

3. Jill

Jill New Member

I agree - you have every right to be enraged! I had to look this guy up - never heard of him. He looks like he should be the druggie in a bad movie - or a tv vampire or something. I see that Dougray Scott was one of the choices - I quite like him. I met Pierce Brosnan once and have to say he was just as perfect in real life as on the screen.

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'm not to happy with this guy...

As a 007 fan, I would want the guy to be better looking than me.... save tim Dalton. That guy is freaky looking.

I would have gone with Bana.

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

I'd stick with Pierce....its always tickles me when foreigners have to play the quintesential englishman..ie sean connery, peter o'tool, richard burton etc

7. RDG

RDG Member

Don't forget: Tim Dalton (N. Irish), Pierce Brosnan (Irish), George Lazanby (Australian), . . . It's rare that Bond is played by an Englishman (Moore, Niven), and just remember: Fleming lo-oved having Connery play the part.

Personally, I'd like to see someone go against type, much like Keaton did in the Batman films.

Doesn't really matter to me; I'd probably end up seeing it on cable, anyway!

:D

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Keaton is almost a valid point. But Bond has a predetermined stigma, good looking ladies man, posh taste, and knowledgable of all things. I dunno, Pierce seemed the part. I just dont think james bond when i see this guy.

I think they should go with a south african, kiwi, or aussy... Americans can't tell the difference between accents anyway.