Netherlands v. USA

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Mar 2, 2010.

1. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Yep, but flip-flop DeMerit and Gooch. 'Dolo is a possible start at RB if he can get match fit again, but Spector has been putting in good minutes at the back for quite some time now. He has earned the nod.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

IanHux:

When Mexico even STARTS to look like they can hold their own against top teams, you'll have a point.
    Till then, SCREW pretty football, the idea is to win the games, right?
    Otherwise switch to figure skating.

Let's elaborate...'pre-quoting' WB:
    Pretty football is what you develop BETWEEN campaigns.

I dont keep track of such but where's the Mexican internationals in the Prem?
    Ask Fulham fans about Dempsey.
    Ask Everton fans about Donovan.
    Hell, even ask Bolton fans about Holden.. though they've barely seen him.

You want someone to challenge defenders?
    That would have been Davies... even Altidore. But the BEST one of those, historically is Cunningham. Till we get a guy who has his head on right.. we gotta go with what we've got.

Frankly.. though I'd like to see McBride on the bench, rather see Davies. I think the Crew has affirmed that Brian is the best judge of his own capabilities.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

The time for ventures into pretty football is on hold now.

It's time to win, NOW!!

Where's McBride.........

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Is Charlie Davies going to ever play again at the same level he was at? I don't see him going to South Africa at all. Very tragic.

5. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Ok you caught me with Arsene's Disease. I do agree that effective football is the most important thing right now. I just feel that we looked rushed when we won the ball back from the dutch. I'd enjoy a bit more composure in possession.

As far as Mexico, I wasn't implying that they could do any better than the Yanks against this type of competition. I was pointing to their style of play and attitude. Having lived in a town that is nearly 60% Mexican, they expect El Tri to play their game against the top opponents. They aren't nearly as defeatist as we are..... which all goes back to your point about screwing pretty football. What's Mexico's best finish in a World Cup? The Quarterfinals, same as the US in 02. You win.

I promise to try to suppress my inner Wenger until after this World Cup cycle.