Nearly official-Eddie Johnson to Fulham, possibly by weekend

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by bq, Jan 15, 2008.

1. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

You have to take the best player available WHOSE WILLING TO SIGN WITH FULHAM at this point in time. I don't care if he's from Timbucktoo.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

I don't see how you can be so sure of that in view of the fact that Johnson is clearly both bigger and faster than Healy.

3. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

You have to remember he is only 23 years old. Playing in the top tier of English football will only improve his game.

4. Markus

Markus Member

I don't believe that was a poor team that was sent to Copa, it was a young unexperienced team. They played to almost their ceiling, and they were outclassed.
    The poor showing from EJ I was referring to was actually with the ball at his feet...no service.

Again, the team wasn't terrible....the team Sunil sent was just out of their league. I never mentioned the results of the Copa games, I was referring to EJ's form. No "blame" mentioned.

I'm not sure how much MLS you gentlemen here watch, but EJ looked freaking unstoppable for an early period this year. Utterly Fantastic.
    At a point during the year (weather the international games started the snowball or not) he lost the confidence and looked like a completely different player.
    It was almost like a lightswitch. By the time he came to Houston (taunting fans, etc I might add) he was a shadow on the pitch.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

jmh, I say it because from what I've seen of Johnson, he needs to be set up well by someone else. I dont see him working and figuring out how to score and deal with play in the premiership. I hope you are right though and his speed and height will be enough to set him apart from Healy.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Healy isn't exactly creating zillions of his own chances either. (Short of the goal against Arsenal, which was really just Lehmann's gaffe.) His job is to stick in chances that other people create for him and lately he's not doing much of that.

Regarding the Copa America, it was clearly an inexperienced team and not our best. Very few of those guys would have been starting if we had been genuinely trying our hardest to win that tournament. (I'm not saying I disagree with the decision to send that group since you need to get other guys some experience and see how they play.)