NCAA: Them as has, gets!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, May 12, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

So dont be surprised if you're blindsided in a year or two to find the best college team in the midwest, or maybe even the country, is the University of Akron. Say who? Imagine my surprise to find they were possibly the best in Ohio, the last season.

Now, they can only get better.. wouldnt you say that about a program that gets every single recruit they wanted?
    how do you do that? You get that FIRST marquee player.

Akron's recruiting class was named by ESPNRise.com as the top in the nation
    Of the 8 sought and signed, only 3 will take a scholarship slot. 4 qualify for full academic ride and Mason, the 5th is son of a U of A employee.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

"fog Univ. of Akron has had a very good soccer for several years now. A couple of year ago they were # 1 ranked.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Some things DO get by me, Mo.
    :)

I'm just wondering how long they can keep that coach from being poached.