NCAA Softball

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, May 31, 2015.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, the tourney was going on in the bar I was playing in last night, and I noticed a score of 10-10 in a game in progress. this caused the following question to pop up:

Have they moved the pitching rubber back or something? It seems like the pitchers are still zipping them in there, but the old 1-0, 2-1 results seem to be gone. I mean, if Jenny Finch scared them all so much that they moved it back to get a little more offense, I can understand it, but did this actually happen? And, if so, when?

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmm. Well, the softball game that was aired before the US v Korea match was 2-1. The little I watched the Alabama pitcher had quite a bit of movement on the ball. It's been awhile since my softball pitching days, but I never remember anybody doing that. So, if that is now the norm with mound being moved back, that's fine by me. Just zipping it in there was boring.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Proud to say Jenny Finch is one of the all-time great Arizona Wildcats, but you're right HD that was the time of 1-0 and no-hitters a plenty. The pitching distance is the same, so my guess is softball did the opposite of college baseball. Baseball reduced the power of aluminum bats because there were gridiron scores. Softball was too pitching dominant, so perhaps extra spring in the bats??

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator