NCAA Bowls / Urban Meyer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 27, 2009.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Let's see, anything interesting happen when I was out of the country? :roll:

Urban Meyer takes a leave? These guys go 24/7 and 365 so it's never too big a surprise when they crash and burn and he always seemed to be wound extremely tight.

Mike Leach gets canned?? I'm sure the Texas contingent know more info, but he was pissed about his contract, and seemed to be looking to get chopped. He is easily the most egnimatic/eccentric character (Law degree from Pepperdine, but way to into pirates) in college sports. A passing game savant that shoots from the hip. Not sure if he even wants to coach again, but if Dennis Erickson has another poor season at Arizona State look for him to land there.

The games? the first time in decades I've seen none. Will watch tonight's game, I'll take Texas over the Tide by 3.

Tim, at least your Wildcats played well (I had forgotten you went to Northwestern). Thankful I wasn't around, because there is no question I would have gone to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego to see Arizona gets crushed.

2. tim

tim Active Member

They certainly played tough, but it was a bizarre game. Mike Kafka's stats: 47/78 for 532 yards passing. 4 TDs and 5 INTs. Take a couple of those picks away and maybe we actually win.

Happy for you that you weren't around to witness the Holiday Bowl. Looks like it would've been a rough one.

3. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Just got back from Miami. Loved the Orange Bowl, although my body hates me from partying on South Beach and tailgating.

Go Hawks!

4. SoCalJoe

Pete Carroll leaving USC?

Didn't want to bother starting a new thread, but it looks like USC's Pete Carroll is heading up north to Seattle to take over the Seahawks. I've only got one thing to say :banana: :banana:

One banana for leaving SC, can't stand those arrogant bastards, and one for being a generally miserable Seahawk fan since 1976.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Mora was fired after one year?!? :shock: Is Seattle now Newcastle West?

Oh, and good job Bammer!! Cart McCoy crying always makes my day. Now if only my Ags could become relevant again.

6. SoCalJoe

Mora was Holgrem's and the old GM's handpicked successor. They are both gone. The front office changed and the team's new CEO, Tod Lieweke has LA ties. His brother Tim runs the Staples Center and is very good friends with Carroll. The talk around here is that this has been brewing for a lot longer than last week.

Ag, you didn't put aside your hatred of the Horns for the good of the Big 12? I'm absolutely shocked :wink: