NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This thread is devoted to the NBA. I am a die hard Chicago Bulls fan. I am going to the game tonight against the Jazz. Anyone else like the NBA??

2. tac

tac New Member

yeah, the NBA is pretty interesting but i am an even bigger hockey fan.
    with the season over, i have nothing else to watch other than college basketball which can get pretty interesting.
    The bulls are a good team with great raw talent in my opinion
    how about you?
    i am used to losing recently since i am an avid cleveland indians fan
    i don't know many people that acually appreciate the NBA and that really dissapoints me
    oh by the way, how are the bulls rookies doing?

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: NBA Thread

The Bulls won again tonight. After starting the season 0-9, they are now 13-18. That is making progress. The rookies are a major part of it. Deng had 22 last night and Gordon had 11. It is a real team effort and I could not be happier for Skiles, the coach. He really has everyone on the same page and it is fun to watch them. I was at the game last night and it was a great atmosphere. The only thing that sucks about the Bulls getting good is the fact that games sell out and it is really expensive to buy seats. It is not like that yet, but if this trend continues, it might. Oh well, it is nice to see the Bulls winning. Besides Fulham, they are my #1 along with the Cubs.

4. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

RE: Re: RE: NBA Thread

I grew up in Boston and am a big Celtics fan, though they are struggling this season. I watched the Bulls beat them this weekend. Aside from Paul Pierce and Gary Payton, the Celtics are in a lot of trouble. I really miss Antoine Walker, it is too bad they traded him.

5. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

They New York Knicks... I havent decided if I like Isiah yet, but he's made improvements. I can only hope Alan Houston and Vin Baker die in a drunk driving accident and the knicks can find a true center.

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

how about those wizards

<---doesn't give a crap about the NBA until June

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: NBA Thread

Now, now, now as far as centers in the NBA and especially the Eastern Conference, Nazr Mohammad is not that bad. I think Isiah makes one good move and two bad ones. The Tim Thomas trade with the Bucks last year was brutal. It should not have been made. But, he is trying to make them better. I jsut read that the owner is starting to put the clamps on all this spending Isiah has been doing. Who knows! Bulls - Knicks this Saturday in Chicago!!!

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The Bulls won again last night. That is 10 out of 13 and 4 in a row. Philly is coming to town tomorrow night. I am hoping for 5 in a row before the Knickerbockers come to Chicago on Saturday afternoon.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Lakers down by 16 Kobe on the bench ah no prob. Win by 9. Thats 18-14 now and that game might of just caused a nice win streak.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Who is up on the Lakers schedule? As strange as it sounds, beating Minnesota is easier than many people thought. Credit though to the Lakers for coming back and getting it done. Interesting how Kobe is on the bench during the comeback.

11. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Kobe was on the bench because he was tired. He was like 4-4 in the 1st then in the 2nd half really didnt do that much and when the lakers came back like that why put Kobe inthe game when you might need him at the end?The lakers got @Nuggets and Home to the Cavs. 2 winnable games for the Lakers.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

The Bulls blew out the Sixers last night 110-78. That would be their biggest win since the Jordan era in 1998. In addition, the Bulls have won 5 in a row and 11 of 15. Can you say playoffs???? Perhaps.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Kobe gets injured in the first quarter of the Cavs game.Yea just an miinor injury right? Well Supposedly he has a Severe Ankle Sprain. Possible Damage to his Foot and Ankle.And Still the Lakers beat the Cavs.Odom was great in the game. If there is going to be another star player on the team its Odom(Maybe Butler).Odom now has to be that star player. He can be a great player.

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hmmm..... why is it I keep reading/hearing that Laker come-backs and a lot of wins occur when Kobe is sitting?
    LA obviously has a pretty good team there, even IF they ONLY beat a journeyman 4 plus superkid AT HOME by four points!

Truth: Last time I spent any time on watching NBA was just to see if the upstartish Kings or the Last-gasp Jazz could knock out LA... That was before Kobegate., obviously.

Before that? Jordon Bulls - 'nuff said.

But notice that the LeBron hype continues?
    - ESPN , Bill Simmons.. few favorite things
    Note that Kobe.. last full-blown wunderkind from HS.. is not mentioned as LeBron's predecessor!

It's interesting enough for me to actually PAY attention to what's going on.. if not watch, the Cav's.
    But I shudder to think what's down the road in NBA Tabloid-Land.. you all DO know that LeBron and Maurice Clarett are -supposedly- Buddies, right?

Given THAT.. isnt it remarkable that Clarett's expenses are a problem? Could it be that LeBron actually IS smart and actually has people doing a good job looking out for him?

As opposed to having Jim Brown advising , that is.

Well .. Back to the Future: If Cleveland decides to get a supporting cast for LeBron, then I will actually follow them close.
    Otherwise I'll wait till he's traded to a big Club.

{Explanatory disclaimer: I Already follow the Crew, Fulham, Bengals and Reds... dont gimme no shit about bandwaggoning!}

15. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Between Kobe and LeBron there is one other highschool "wunderkid".

Amare Stoudamire.... damn he's good.

16. pettyfog

yeah... if you look at the link I put up, above....you'll see he's Simmon's #2.

17. tac

tac New Member

well KG used to be one too
    what a bad year for him

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Despite having to work today, I did manage to take a late lunch and watch the Bulls edge the Knicks 88-86 at the Gaaaaden. Ben Gordon hit a high-arcing runner with .1 to go. He scored 13 in the 4th quarter. This team is for real. They have won 7 in a row and they are now one game under .500 after starting 0-9. This team is headed in the right direction for sure!!!!

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Lakers win again. They are doing very good without Kobe.If they can just stay in the 6th place when Kobe is supposed to come back maybe they can let Kobe get an extra week off.

20. pettyfog

Kobe=Rooney???