NBA Season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by VegasJustin, Dec 8, 2011.

1. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

That didn't work. Our offense is get the ball inside or give it to Kobe. Bynum, Gasol or Kobe will hold onto the ball for ten seconds at a time. When Sessions scores, it's because he creates something for himself and when World Peace scores its because he's wide open. Our offense is so bad that sometimes World Peace will dominate the ball and go to work. It's nothing but iso.

Even if his offense improved, his decision making is also bad. Last night we were down by six going into the fourth quarter. Scott Brooks rightly left his best players in the game. Mike Brown left Kobe on the bench and we went down by 14 before Kobe was brought back in. He even left him on the bench after a timeout he called when we were down by 11. I have watched alot of Lakers games and Phil Jackson would have left Kobe out there the entire fourth quarter. It's decisions like this that cost a team a game and it cost us a chance to stay in the game.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

OKC v the Spurs is going to be an epic series. Have already picked the Spurs to raise the trophy so I'll stick w/them winning in 7 games.

Boston will finally get rid of pesky Philadelphia in game 6.

**Some interesting news from NoCal; Golden State to move from Oakland to a new waterfront arena across the Bay.

3. SoCalJoe

***This is the NBA I grew up with. The San Antonio-OKC series is as good as the sport gets. The level of offensive talent on display harkens back to the old Show Time/Larry Bird Celtics or Dr.J's great Sixers teams. The East final will pale in comparison w/Miami handling a beat up Boston team (if the Celtics were 100% and had beat Philly in 5 games like they should of they might of had a chance, but they are hurt and will lose fairly easily)

Round 1 to the Spurs (make that 19 in a row) 101-98. Manu Ginobli simply took over in the 4th. Fantastic game in what should be a classic series.

4. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

The Celtics won't lose that easily. They know that this is most likely the last run they will have as a team and will perform well. I am going to go out on a limb and say they beat the Heat.

5. SoCalJoe

Spurs are playing at a level that is amazing to watch. 20 in a row and offensive execution that's better than any of their championship teams. Who knows if they can keep it rolling, but the 2 quarters (second & third) I watched last night were borderline artistic.

Justin, would agree w/you about Boston if they were healthy, but even the best efforts of Doc Rivers in trying to get this team to peak at the right time hasn't worked. Their starting off guard and defensive stopper Bradley was lost for the season in the Philly series, Ray Allen is playing on one leg, and their inability to close our the Sixers in 4 or 5 games has cost them. Just can't see this going past 5 games.

6. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Boston is doing its best to screw with my basketball knowledge here, though I'm sure my previous thoughts have done enough. They can't guard Wade and LeBron and the refs are giving Miami as many calls as it takes to win. So you might be be right.

BUT!, I have not given up on them yet. Maybe my hatred for the Heat is clouding my judgment, and it's very difficult for me to hate a team more than Boston, but I think Boston gets a win tonight and goes back to Boston tied. Garnett with another good game, and he should continue to play well since nobody on the Heat can guard him, and Rondo gets it done at the PG position.

7. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

The refs played a huge role again. It's getting hard not to believe that the league is favoring the Heat. There was a five point stretch in overtime that was completely the refs doing. This is becoming a huge joke.

And to top it off, the Hornets somehow win the lottery. Yeah, that wasn't rigged or anything.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Can't believe the C's are level with Miami. I don't see them winning the series whatsoever. Hopefully they can zap some energy from the Heat so they're too gassed to have a chance in the Finals.

9. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

There is not a better PG in the league than Rondo. Sure, Westbrook and Rose score more, but he is a complete player. He creates, he can score, he can rebound and he can defend. I can't believe the Lakers didn't make that Rondo for Gasol trade as we would still be playing right now.

10. SoCalJoe

Glad to see Boston extending this series for the same reason Heather mentioned. I always root for the West team in the Final (w/one huge exception, care to guess Justin :cool: ) Who knows? The old guys believe they can pull it off, Rondo is a beast, and Doc Rivers is coaching one team and Eric the Gopher is coaching the other.

All the pressure is on the Spurs tonight, and they'll have to be ready to fend off the Thunder.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Come on Celtics!!!! Big win but can they close it out? I hope so.

12. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I hate rooting for the Celtics, but I can't stand the Heat. Let's go Celtics. Beat the Heat and then get destroyed by the Thunder!

Even my Dad is rooting for the Celtics. He's been a Lakers fan for decades and he still wants them to win. That's how much people hate the Heat.

13. SoCalJoe

I picked the Spurs in 7 and the Heat in 5.... :shock: :lol: Couldn't be happier to see the Heat lose. The ones that guaranteed 5, 6, 7... titles :laughing-rolling: had that deer in the headlights look their coach has. In close games they really don't have an idea on what they are going to do in the half-court. It actually might be better for them to play on the road, because when the going got tough they were tight and the crowd was tight. Boston deserves all the credit and are on the verge of making me eat my words. Unsung hero has been Pietrus, he was a key player when Orlando made the Finals a few years ago, and he was huge last night.

The Thunder's coach Scott Brooks deserves credit. They have slowed Tony Parker down and now are one game away. After last night I won't underestimate the heart of a champion, so the Spurs can go in there and win, but unless Parker gets untracked it's not going to happen.

14. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I had a crazy thought. One of those thoughts you get when you're extremely high and they sound good, but others will probably laugh at it.

The Lakers should try and pull off a Bynum for LeBron trade. This helps both teams. Miami would actually have a front court and the Lakers would have a successor to Kobe and a Small Forward. So both teams can be happy with this trade and say they won. LeBron is better than Bynum, but if they want a dominant center then that's who they will have to give up as nobody is going to want Wade or Bosh. The Lakers need to make a splash and the Heat need to change things and I think I solved both problems.

Told you it was crazy and I'm sober even lol.

15. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

That's a "blunt" opinion, but, if you throw in Gasol and Bynum for Lebron, hmmmm...not saying that's a good trade for the Lakers or Heat - but it could be a 'wash our hands' type of trade. Interesting, but 99% sure it will never happen.

"I'm taking my talent to South Central!!!!!"

16. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

They won't get Gasol and Bynum. They will have to put up with taking less talent for LeBron like we did when we traded Shaq. We could throw in World Peace and picks though. They need a center and the Lakers and the Magic aren't going to be interested in Bosh or Wade. I have always thought LeBron would be a Laker because he needs to win titles and where else is he going to go to win?

LOL at South Central.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Well, I'm guessing that's it for the C's. Yikes.

18. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Well the Heat have their second shot. Not going to be easy against the Thunder though.

I'm a little torn on who to root for. I still hate what Lebron did to Cleveland but at the same time a player as great as him deserves a title at some point. On the other hand, love what the Thunder have done and they've really built their team the right way.

Should be a great series!

19. MisterF

MisterF New Member

As expected, great start to the series. A lot of people were picking the Heat but the Thunder appear to definitely ready for the big stage. Thinking this one will go 7.

20. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I'm not sure this goes to 7 games. The Heat have played really well, and Battier has hit a bunch of three's, and they only won one of the games because of a bad call late in the game. If the Thunder learn how to start a game then they could easily win two of three in Miami and wrap it up in six games.

That being said, the Heat could easily blow out the Thunder in game 3 if they have another bad start and could then win the other two on momentum. I think this is the least likely scenario, but it's possible because LeBron seems to have figured it out.