NBA Season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by VegasJustin, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Griffin isnt human. Absolutely beastly. Wow!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xElAi9IVCAA&feature=related[/youtube]

2. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

It's playoff time and the Spurs and Thunder are already into the second round while every other series is 3-1. The Lakers have had the toughest battle because Denver can throw ten players at you and have size. Never seen a team that gets down the court like they do. It's one pass and dunk. Apparently the old Nuggets teams from the 80's could do that, but I haven't watched a ton of their games so don't really know. Stupid ESPN Classic only plays Lakers and Celtics games.

I wanted the Clippers to lose in the first round, but the Grizzlies have thrown away that series so now I want to meet them in the Conference Finals. They don't match up with us and maybe the rest of LA will shut up about them when we beat them.

The Heat are looking good against the worst playoff team in years. The Knicks suck. They sucked with a full roster and now they're down 3 point guards. If they were playing in Cleveland everybody would agree, but since they play in NYC everybody needs to feel the need to root for them.

Speaking of the Eastern Conference playoffs, the Bulls are without Derrick Rose and possibly Noah so they're out of it. I know the Celtics are doing well against the Hawks, but that's another crap team so I don't think they'll beat the Heat. If the Heat can't get through this piece of cake group of teams, then they should be publicly criticized like no other team in history.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

You know it's bad when Kobe says the only guy he can count on for sure to show up is Metta World Peace. He's so fed up w/Andrew Bynum's attitude and Pau Gasol's disappearing act he wants to throw up (inside scoop to why he really was vomiting all day in a Denver hotel room :roll: ). Have to think the Fake Show will slip by Denver today, but George Karl is a vastly superior coach to Mike Brown so it wouldn't be shocking to see the game close late in the 4th quarter.

Other team in LA had their chance to finish off Memphis, but blew it. Now it goes back to Memphis for Game 7, advantage to the Grizzlies. Clippers have never been the same without Chauncey Billups. Chris Paul is an amazing player, but not in the cut of the great point guards who never missed games (Magic, Jason Kidd, John Stockton, Steve Nash). He gets dinged up all the time, and his inability to stay 100% in this series has cost them.

Out east will Philly or Indiana be able to mess up everyone's prediction of a Boston-Miami Eastern Final?

4. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I don't think we win tonight. Gasol has been horrible last year in the postseason and now this year. He can't even hit the open 16 foot shot any more. He has been the worst star player in the last two postseasons and nobody has been able to get him to play better, not Kobe, not Phil and definitely not Mike Brown.

I am going to cut Bynum some slack. Our perimeter play is not there and Denver can just converge on Bynum when he gets the ball. He would dominate Mozgov and McGee if he didn't also have another player doubling up forcing him to kick it out and have a guy miss a shot or try and do something. He needs guys to hit shots and that doesn't happen. It's not entirely his fault.

This is frustrating because Kobe has been amazing in this series. All he needs is a bit of help. He doesn't need everybody else to play their best and he's not even getting their mediocre play, he's getting nothing.

5. SoCalJoe

Boston steals win Game 1 from Philly, Sixers showed their inexperience by losing a 10 pt. lead in the 4th.

Justin, you might be one of the only Laker fans wiling to give Bynum a break. He has been absolutely crushed out here.

6. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

At least we won that game. I think Magic was right, Gasol and Brown could have been out if they would have lost. Gasol actually showed up and performed. Bynum showed up defensively and on the boards. Kobe had a decent game and luckily he didn't need to be great as I'm not sure how much he had left after carrying the team for six games. World Peace was the biggest difference. He was great on defense and shot the three well.

The people who bitch at Bynum are wrong. Even if he is not a franchise player, who are we going to get to replace him? This Howard for Bynum thing isn't happening and it isn't like Howard isn't a problem either. He also does stupid shit and can't decide whether he wants to stay or leave Orlando. After Howard, there is no comparable center to Bynum so we can't do anything.

These people need to watch basketball. When your perimeter game sucks, and it did before tonight, then your inside game is also going to suck as the other team can run two or three defenders at your center. This is why Howard is so good. Orlando can shoot the three and have done so for years. Defenders can't just leave Richardson or Turkoglu wide open. Bynum needs to improve when he gets double teamed, but it isn't his fault that players aren't hitting shots.

Fans need to stop tripping over everything Bynum says or does. He's the second best center in the NBA, what more do people want? He has the potential to be even better if he improves his attitude. Maybe if people calmed down, he would improve his attitude.

7. SoCalJoe

East;

Philly matches up w/Boston very well, and it should continue w/tight, ugly games the rest of the series.

Indiana ties it w/Miami, still think the Heat will win, but no Chris Bosh has turned an easy series into a battle.

West;

Can't imagine the Lakers not to turning up tonight and making the game very competitive. Kobe is going to have to guard Westbrook because Sessions and Blake have has much chance as me and you in stopping him.

Spurs are the deepest they've been in a long time. The Big 3 (Duncan, Ginobli, Parker) are as healthy this time of year as they've been in awhile. Should dispense w/the Clippers easily. Isn't it time to hear from a couple of Spurs fans? Or since they've been spoiled so much they can't be bothered until the next round? :violence-axechase:

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No, we've just been bit in the butt so many times in recent years, we don't want to crow.

9. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

The Lakers had a seven point lead with two minutes left and let it go. Instead of letting Bynum go to work, we gave the ball to Kobe who turned the ball over once and didn't do anything offensively. This happens to every great player and it sucks that it had to happen in the playoffs in such a big game.

When we should have gave the ball to Kobe, we let Blake shoot from three at the end of the game. As everybody can guess, that didn't go in. We wouldn't want others to step up, now would we?

I didn't think we would go far after the horrible Denver series, but this was the chance to own this series and we let it go away. I think we can beat anybody from the East and the Spurs, but that's not happening because we gave a game away. That sucks more than anything.

10. SoCalJoe

Don, they've won 15 games in a row (5 in the playoffs) in typical Spurs fashion. They are just going about their business. Spurs are peaking at the perfect time.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I went to bed with the Celtics leading by a comfortable margin, only to wake-up to find out they lost by nine? :doh:

12. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

The loss by the Lakers is a good thing. Maybe now Mitch will trade Pau Gasol. The only fucking star this side of the Mississippi that would rather turn the ball over instead of taking a wide open jumper. He might not have lost us the game, but he certainly contributed in a big way. This guy is a no fucking show in big games. This is the second playoffs in a row that he's been horrible. Trade his ass for Rondo.

13. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Gasol's no-shot was pathetic. Open 12 footer and he throws it away.

14. SoCalJoe

Yep, and he's been roasted in the LA media about it. Let's see if OKC can finish it tonight, otherwise it's going 7.

Spurs keep it rolling, 18 games in a row and counting. They'll lose some games from here on out, but they are going to win 8 and get that 5th championship.

15. nevzter

Lakers, I give a 20% chance to even stretch it to 7. They'll probably go out tonight - there's something wrong with that club b/c they're not reaching their talent potential these days. Is it Brown's tactics, Bynum's antics or Gasol's recent affliction of balllessness? Or, has Kobe reached an "age" where he can't simply turn it on any longer...

16. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

You have a guy named "Brown" with a very significant Cleveland connection. Seriously, how do you expect to win anything, we dont.

17. nevzter

Ouch.

18. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

It's a combination of the first three Nevster. Kobe has been pretty damn good this series and I don't blame him for us being down 3-1. The problem starts with the coach. He is horrible offensively. His offense in Cleveland was give the ball to LeBron and let him work. He doesn't know how to coach an offensive game and that's bad because we play in the west with some really offensive coaches.

Then Bynum doesn't help with his attitude. The last game wasn't his fault and was actually Brown's fault. He kept him in the game in the first half and gave him a minute rest in the fourth quarter. No wonder he looked tired at the end of the game. Everybody knew it, but Brown. His attitude really needs to improve though or management will find a way to put him in Orlando.

Gasol is the biggest problem. He is a star and the most skilled big man in the game. He folds under pressure. If he doesn't come out and play well, then he will be traded. He is not reliable in the playoffs and there are plenty of other power forwards out there, like Josh Smith, who won't do that. Magic blames Brown for the way Gasol is playing, but Gasol was horrible last year with Phil Jackson coaching him. There's no excuse for him to be this bad.

They have a slim to none chance of winning tonight. In road elimination games, they get destroyed. Kobe wants players to step up and the supporting cast doesn't step up so Kobe gets pissed off and says fuck it. Sometimes he gives up, Phoenix 2006, and sometimes he tries to win the game by himself. Either way, they always get blown out. We should be up 3-1 and are the better team, but they still won't show up.

19. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I was right. Nobody showed up other than World Peace and Kobe tried to win the game by himself. That didn't work out, but can't blame Kobe as he had 42 points. The rest of the guys looked like they didn't care.

I was always a person to defend Bynum. Whenever he would do something stupid, I would defend his actions. After the loss he says he doesn't care where he plays next season. That's it. I'm tired the defending him. He doesn't care so fuck it. Mitch needs to pull off a trade for Dwight. It's obvious Bynum doesn't care about playing for this team so it's useless having him on it.

Gasol started out strong, but then faded when the going got tough. He actually tried, but it didn't get him anywhere. This is another player that needs to go. Trade him for Josh Smith and a pick or straight up for Rondo. Either are better than a skilled big man who can't do anything in big situations.

I feel sorry for Mitch. He has alot to do. He can't simply leave this team as is because the fans and media will be all over him. Everybody in the league knows that Pau and Bynum are going to be shopped around. This will make it harder to trade them. Mitch is a genius so I trust him to do the right things. Bring us a contender.

20. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I thought Brown hired Kuester away from Detroit to be his offensive coordinator. The year he did that for Brown in Cleveland, our offense was great. We had the best record in the NBA and Brown got coach of the year. Then Detroit hired him as head coach and the offense went back to "give the ball to LeBron" like you say.