NBA Season Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FFC24, Dec 21, 2009.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

So we're a quarter of the way through and there's some things that could create discussion on the forum.

Shaq isn't working in Cleveland- I never thought is see the day where he was thought of as a liability, but I saw it when the Grizzlies ran a play to attack him and won the game. The Cavs are flag out rubbish for a good team, if that makes sense. Lebron has to do everything and Shaq is looking his age. Players need to step up and Shaq should just retire.

Boston is dominating the East- This team is looking like a lock for the finals. KG has provided a spark for the team and Daniels was a quality signing. I'm liking what they're doing and the most impressive thing is the domination on the road. Lakers would be worried, but.....

Lakers are better than anybody in the league- Be honest, this team could sweep their way to the finals. There is simply nobody that can stop them in the West. Not only can they run up and down the court, but they will hold you under a hundred ion the process. When was the last time you saw a very close game iin the 4th quarter turn into a 20+ poi t blowout while the other team is held to 6 points ion the entire quarter? The Celtics are impressive, but the Lakers are the better team and are proving it in dominating fashion.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going the whole season. Anyhing else we should talk about? The Suns? Thunder?

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

My Mavs have looked good this year, much better than I expected. They even beat LeBron and Co without Dirk in the lineup last night.

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Bulls blew a 35 point lead to the Kings. :shock: Tyreke Evans led the Kings to the win.

How about the rookie class? Jennings and Evans look like they will be stars and Harden looks like he will be a solid player. Griffin hadn't even played yet so this rookie class could end up as a quality class.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The Spurs suck so far this season. Pop has decided to splash out the cash in an effort to get one more crown before Duncan goes off to the old forwards home. Jefferson plays about 2 good quarters out of 8, and McDyess is only now starting to round into form.

Two good things about the Spurs this season is that we signed the guy who managed to play highschool and college b-ball without any ACLs, and he's been huge. The other thing? None of our star players is a sexual predator!

5. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I was going to mention something about the Spurs, but I figured I wouldn't rub salt into the wound. Ah fuck it, enjoy fighting to make the playoffs!

6. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Those San Antonio announcers are fucking horrible. I know that they're all excited because their team is playing well against a team without its 2nd best player and an unhealthy superstar, but they could calm down a bit....or a lot. Did that Bill guy go to the Max Bretos school of announcing? Makes me miss Joel Myers' boring announcing.

I know we've been without Gasol, but we need to play better and smash this road losing streak in Dallas. We aren't playing championship basketball and we seem to not really care. We need homecourt throughout the playoffs and that has to be our goal.

I feel sorry for the Clippers. They had the chance to go to 500 for the first time since 2007 and as they went up by 12 a water main broke in Memphis. When they came back to play, Memphis went on a run and won the game. Actually, that's pretty funny.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

poor ol' "unhealthy superstar" shot only 70% from the field and 100% from beyone the 3-point line. Diddums.

And speaking of injuries, you might pay attention to Mr. Popovich who pointed out a few weeks back [when El Contusion was out and Duncan couldn't play more than a quarter] that after what Portland's gone through, it's embarrassing for any NBA coach to bitch about injuries.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks HD for the Pop quote about my Blazers' injuries woes. Props to coach McMillan (even he blew out his achilles heel in practice) for keeping things together.

TBH, don't watch much this time of year, except for highlights (did however, watch the Blazers whoop the Fakers, as usual, in the Rose City last week) and glancing at the standings. Know it will never happen, but the seedings of the playoff teams should just be the best 16 teams (right now that would be eleven Western Conference teams and 5 Eastern Conference teams). It's a joke that a dumpster fire of a team like the Washington Wizards are only 4 games out of a playoff spot.

9. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Magic beat us 2 times last year and look at how that turned out for them. However....

Pau Gasol needs to get his skinny ass into a muthafucking weight room and work his ass off until he comes out of there weighing 275 and built like a rock. You would think that after 2 fucking years of people bitching at him for his weak defense wouldve resulted in something.

Odom needs to release he can contest a shot without fouling. I have never seen a player literally walk up to about 15 feet away from the basket and nail a shot without ANY pressure whatsoever until tonight. Of course I have, but you get the point.

We are the best team in the league and I'm not about to panic. Bad way to start a road trip, but we got 7 more games to put shit right.

10. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

based on your post 24, I'm assuming the Cavs won. I agree; I dont think the Lakers need to worry. i've watched almost no basketball this season, but checked in on some of this game to see how the Cavs look against the best - now that they have Shaq. Ugh, same old, same old ugly offense. I dont care how good Lebron is, the Cavs need to run an offense. Especially now that they have Shaq and other good players around him.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

as it has been for the last 10 years or so, the two best teams in the NBA will meet in the Western finals.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I was looking at some trade rumors and Devin Harris' name came up for the Lakers. Now, this will never happen no matter how low the Nets are willing to go, but I'm glad Kupchak realises how old Fisher is looking and how inconsistent Farmer is. Hinrich wouldn't be a bad player to get though.

I was watching the Nuggets last night and have to agree with Hatter. That team does put scare me a bit. We are the better team, but last years series was too close for my liking and they actually got better. They are certainly better than both the Cavs and Celtics.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Huge win for the Lakers. When House hit the three to go up by 11 I pretty much thought it was over. The Lakers get blown out a lot and it wouldn't of been surprising if they were to lose by 15 or more.

BUT, they came through in the 4th quarter and won by one in Boston to shut those fucking "beat LA" chants up. Kobe had a mediocre game, but hit the GW shot proving one again who the best closer in the game is. Good win and hopefully we can win in Memphis to go 6-2 on the road trip which would be a very good trip to the east.

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

After watching that shit performance its becoming clear we need a player to come off the bench to answer JR Smith and the Nuggets offense. I'm not worried about Cleveland, but Denver poses a significant threat to the Lakers dominance. Jackson realized we needed an answer and that's why Vujacic was in the game even though he was nowhere near hitting a shot. Farmer is inconsistent and Brown isn't a deep ball kinda player.

There isn't a team in the league who couldve won against the Nuggets tonight. Out defense was pretty shit, but they were hitting shots even when we had a hand in their face. The Nuggets are scary.

However, we go to Portland tommorrow where we have a ton of success. So we should bounce right back.

15. SoCalJoe

Okay 24, this Blazer fan needs to set you straight. The Lakers have not won in Portland in 5 years (9 straight games). Since your favorite player Kobe has been w/the Fake Show, he is 4-21 in the Rose City. Since 1993, the last 35 games played in Portland have ended with the Blazers winning 29 times, do you consider 6-29 a 'ton of success'? No other team in the league b-slaps the Lakers at home like Portland does (not even close, look it up). Can the violet and yellow win tonight? Sure they can. Brandon Roy is questionable (just another injury my fellas have had to endure)

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Obvious Joke...

Blazers fans head.

17. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't understand why NBA TV or something didn't have this game in as I'm sure I wouldve loved watching that beatdown in hippie city. Good way to bounce back and not only did we win, but the Nuggets lost. Awesome.

18. SoCalJoe

Cleveland takes a big step towards a Finals showdown with the Fake Show. Getting Jamison and a backup point guard and they only had to trade an over the hill Z? They kept JJ Hickson and Jamison will fit better than Stoudamire would have. The Cavs win it and LeBron won't leave.

19. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Not crazy about this because they are just buyin' a winning team. Would have preferred that they actually run an offense with the players they have. Also Shaq came here to help Lebron get a ring and now these moves may detract from that and mask the effect. It could have worked but now we will probably never know because the management was too scared to risk it. But this is the way of big sports these days so how can I expect the likes of Cleveland to rise above. Go Cavs anyway!

20. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The Cavs won't win it and Lebron will leave to NY with another big name free agent. NY made some smart moves today to ensure that they can afford 2 big time free agents which will be more than enough to get Lebron to go.

The Lakers are obvious losers today. We didn't get Hinrich and everybody else made some big moves. Still not worried as I feel we are still the best team in the league.