NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 16, 2007.

?

NBA Playoff Winner?

1. Detroit Pistons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. San Antonio Spurs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. SOMEONE ELSE, YOU IDIOT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I had meant to start this thread without editorial comment, but that was before yesterday's Mavs-Spurs match turned into a high-school game -- thanks to Joey Crawford.

For those who missed it, with the Spurs up by 8 midway through the 3rd period, and Duncan looking for the world like he'd get a triple-double, Crawford teed him up twice in a minute and a half -- WHILE DUNCAN WAS SITTING ON THE BENCH! The second technical, resulting in his ejection, came because DUNCAN WAS SHARING A JOKE WITH ROBERT HORRY. It reminded me of Ken Kaiser throwing Eddie Murray out of an Orioles game because "I didn't like the way he was looking at me."

Now, we've all seen junior high school and high school officials decide that the game is really about them. But it's a shame to see it on a national TV feed -- and then to see how the commentators could say absolutely nothing critical of Crawford for fear of screwing up their TV deal.

Nevermind: Who do we like for the title? Hope not to piss any of you off like I did with the MLB thread!

I'm thinking the Mavs to take it all. What about da rest a youse?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, I am extremely happy that the Warriors are looking good for that 8th and final spot. It has been thirteen years since the Warriors last tasted the postseason. They might be rolled by the Mavs, but you never know. Strange things have happened in the past. Remember when the Nuggets beat the Sonics in 1994 in the first round?

I am also excited about the Bulls chances in the East. I honestly think the East is up for grabs. Between the Bulls, Pistons, Raptors, Cavs and Heat, I think this will be a great playoffs.

I do think the Mavericks will win it....although don't expect the East representative to roll over and die. I expect the Bulls to get to the finals as well and give the Mavericks a heck of a series. We will see.

Most do not like the NBA these days, but the playoffs are fantastic!! I can't wait for the fun to begin. Now, the Warriors just need to win two and be in. Unfortunately, one of those two is at home against the Mavs. They have beaten them already the two previous meetings so I have confidence.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The Warriors have been fun to watch all year, but they're madly inconsistent. Could do wonders in a short series, though.

I almost listed the Bulls as one of the choices, but wasn't sure when I'd run out of options.

Has to be a Western Conference champ. If the Mavs hadn't choked last year ... .

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hate to be doing my Pettyfog imitation, but there's a follow-up to joey Crawford's meltdown on Sunday -- you know, when the teed up Tim Duncan twice while he was sitting on the bench. Seems the NBA has suspended Crawford for the remainder of the season -- that means the entire NBA playoffs.

Duncan was fined 25K for calling Crawford a "piece of shit" AFTER he'd been dismissed for laughing with Robert Horry -- a hanging offense in some states.

Back to your regularly scheduled whatever.

5. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

My heart says the Pistons, but my head says itll probably come out of the west.

6. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Cleveland all the way!

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Cleveland as the SURPRISE. NBA's version of Geo Mason.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Well, I'll go on the proverbial limb (not really) and say a team from Texas (should be the Mavs). My darkhorse is the Rockets, they have the best center in the game (never thought I would say that about Yao), and once they finish off the Jazz, McGrady will have the monkey off his back and could carry the team a round or two more.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Cleveland has an easy path to the conference finals and should be relatively well rested to play the Bulls, Heat or Pistons. However, I do not think Cleveland will make it to the finals. I am taking the Bulls out of the East.

As far as the West, I am not sure. I originally thought Dallas, but watching them struggle with my Golden State Warriors, I am not so sure any more. I think they will get past the Warriors, but I think Nelson has exposed them a bit and other teams might pick up on some of the Mavs deficiencies. We will see though. It should be a good month and a half of hoops.

10. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Four-gone conclusion: Detroit swept the Magic out of the first round. I was hoping that the Magic could escape the final game with a win, but their playoff inexperience really showed in the final four minutes. The Pistons didn't even look like they were trying their hardest, but they still overwhelmed us anyway. Oh well, it's a lot better than not making the playoffs at all.

P.S.: Grant Hill, we hardly knew ye.

11. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Chicago swept Miami :shock:

12. krhimself

krhimself New Member

That sound we just heard was that of Heat's bandwagon fans trying to jump off as fast as they possibly can. If anything, it was a small consolation for the way I saw Orlando's season end.

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

My Bulls did well against the Heat. Now, if my Warriors can keep it up against Dallas tonight I will be sitting pretty.

14. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I see a Bulls-Cavs Conf. Final, hopefully Cleveland will get better results this time around.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

should be a spirited battle to see who gets to lose in the finals! :twisted:

16. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Warriors v Bulls in my fantasy world would be the finals I want to see. I would be happy but split between my two favorites. I would probably cheer for the Warriors.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Tom, you're young enough. You may well see that final some day ... just not any time in this decade!

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

WaRRiORS,...come out and plaaayyy...

And play they have. One game from knockin' the Dallas Dirkericks and their #1 seed right on their asses.

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: WaRRiORS,...come out and plaaayyy...

Oh yeah. Baron Davis is freakin' unstoppable (at least for Dallas).

20. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Cavs sweep the Wizards :banana: , it looks like they will be playing the Nets.