NBA Playoffs 2008

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by omsdogg, Apr 15, 2008.

1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

38 FT's to Boston to 10 for LA. Conspiracy? Probably not. BLATANTLY for the home team? Of course. I think it was quite obvious that they were giving away CHEAP fouls to Boston while they gave LA nothing when they went to the hole. I will say that Boston got to the hole much more than LA. However, they didn't deserve 28 more ft's than LA. If you say the opposite, it's obvious then that you have some major issues with LA that need to be cleared up as it's not healthy to hate a team that much. My friend is a Boston supporter and still recognized that we got fucked over. Of course he had to say so while laughing about it. Asshole.

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

If the Lakers are thinking they can win the title with play like this, then they're having a fucking laugh. Fucking Odom,Gasol,Fisher and EVERYBODY else besides Vujacic and Bryant need to step it up. If Gasol doesn't play like he can and we lose the finals, I'll be on a damn crusade to call him MR. Softy for the rest of his career until he wins a title. Don't these fuckers realise that if they played like they could, they'd beat Boston by 10-20 a game? Pick up your damn play.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I have to be a masochist because for some reason I'll be watching game 4 tonight. That last game and this series in general has been beyond terrible.

24, Gasol couldn't shoot it, but he matched Garnett in rebounds (12 each), played him really tough inside (a big reason Garnett was 6 of 21), and had a couple huge put-backs in the 4th. Leave the Mr. Softy tag for Odom. I will concur that LA has to play better, but a win is a win.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

A win is a win for Trailblazer fans, but for Lakers fans we expect far more and even that win was considered a loss to some. I know we're spoiled, but we expect our team to not only win, but play a decent game as well.

As for Gasol, it was Garnett's fault that Gasol had that many rebounds and that he looked good defensively. Had Garnett went to the hole, he'd of dominated as he has shown when he does get to the hole.

As for Odom, that's not fair as he's been in foul trouble and has shown a willingness to throw the ball down. When Gasol learns to be angry and throw the ball down with authority, is when he'll be a consistent all-star.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

This Trailblazer fan would like to thank the Lakers for erasing the Blazers from the record books for having blown the biggest lead in the Finals. At least win we gagged it was on the road (Game 6 v the Bulls).

Winning titles isn't the end-all stat for being one of the all-time players, but can we please stop the Kobe is better than MJ talk, because frankly its embarrassing and laughable.

6. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Haven't watched more than 5 minutes of the entire series, but i have to say I love the collapse and hope the C's finish this in 5. Joe, your blazers could be pretty tough next year!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and while we're at it, how about a rest on the "dynasty" talk as well. Winning ONCE in a row would be a good start.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Kobe has one bad game and he can't be compared to Jordan? Am I getting this right? He had a shit game, I'll give you that, but to say it's embarrasing to say he's better is a joke. It's not embarrasing at all. In fact, it's a fair statement to make. He's not even 30 yet and this one game will be overshawdowed by DOZENS of performances where he carried the team to victory in the playoffs. That's including when he had Shaq with him. I don't wanna hear it. He's better than any player the Blazers or the Spurs has ever had.

BTW, how many titles do the Spurs and Blazers have combined? Is it even within 6 or 7 of the Lakers? Until you guys rack up 14 titles, you can't talk about history and all of that shit.

And didn't I say that I thought that NEXT YEAR was the year? I did say that, right? That's what I thought. I never said anything about this year and I said that next season was the start of the dynasty.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The question should be how many titles do the Lakers have with Kobe? How many with Elgin Baylor and Jerry West? How many with Magic and Wilkes?

Oh, and how many titles do the Spurs have with Kobe in Los Angeles? [hint ... FOUR]

Oh, and if SCJ and I are irritating you, DON'T turn on ESPN2 and listen to Steven A. Smith [Slaba Med-va-DANK-o himself].

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Isn't our fault LA is a good city and players wanna come to the city. We have 14 and you guys have like 5 or 6.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

No disputing that, pard. Just pointing out that Kobe has won NOTHING without Shaq doing all the hard work. That doesn't make him legendary.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

But Jordan had Pippen. Everybody needs another star to play with him. Without Pippen could Jordan of won 6 titles in a decade? That's extremely debatable.

13. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Here is why you cannot compare Kobe to Jordan yet and maybe ever.

NBA Finals MVP's
    Jordan 6 - Kobe 0

Lets not forget the when comparing Kobe to anyone on the Bulls that Kobe played the part of Shaq's Scottie Pippen during their championship runs. As good as Kobe is and may yet become he was not the dominant player for any of the NBA rings he currently can wear on his fingers. Perhaps he will become that player on a championship team over the next couple of seasons but the comparasion is a bit premature as of right now.

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't buy that you need trophies and awards to be the best of all-time. Dan Marino has none and he was one of the best QBs of all-time, if not the best.

15. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Don't try and compare football and basketball because as good as Marino was he could not effect the way Miami played defense.

Simple fact is that Jordan proved he was the most dominant player on the floor in every NBA finals he was in. Kobe has not been the most dominant player on the floor in any of the NBA finals he has participated in to date. Until he has been he is not comparable to Jordan.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I can compare football to Basketball. Rings and trophies don't mean a damn thing. Kobe has shown to be dominant in the NBA finals. Just because he doesn't have the MVP award to show it doesn't mean a damn thing.

17. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Just out of curiosity please point out Kobe's dominance. The Lakers lost game 1 and 2 so even if he played well he did not dominate the game. I am going to give you game three because I did not see it. Last night he was 0-4 in the first half when the Lakers built the lead and when he tried to take the game over in the second half the Lakers lost the biggest halftime lead in the history of the NBA finals. If you are going to try and talk about the three rings he already holds lets not rewrite history because Shaq was the dominant force on that team.

Just because you want something to be true does not make it so. Show me some facts instead of just spouting your opinion and I will be happy to continue this discussion.

18. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He has a career 24 PPG,5 RPG and 4.5APG in the playoffs. The only reason why his stats were not higher is because the first 2 seasons were rather shit. He also averaged 29 a game in 01-02. That was a title run.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

He also had 24.6 PPG,7.8 RPG and 5.8 APG in those finals I talked about. While his point total was only decent, he had a damn good series all around.

If you want to talk about dominance and all of that, then ask the Kings and they'll say the same thng I'm saying. He was dominant during those 3 title runs. Him and Shaq both were completely un-stoppable.

20. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I am Laker hater as well and love the Celtics. Nothing would make me happier than to see the Lakers lose to the most successful franchise in NBA history! No titles for the selfish one aka Kobe without Shaq, he needs to be denied. :)