NBA Playoffs 2008

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by omsdogg, Apr 15, 2008.

1. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

tell me about it!!! Jazz losses against Minnesota twice, the Knicks, and the Bobcats have cost them a possability at the top spot and homecourt advantage until the Finals. yep...you heard me, the T-wolves twice!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

AND Inter Milan. Hmmm

UNC
    Lakers
    Inter
    Fulham

"one of these things is not like the other / one of these things just doesn't belong" :D 8)

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Whenever I go to LA I never meet somebody who doesn't support the Lakers. That is rare Joe. Very rare. I don't know how you do it.

Evil empire? It isn't our fault that we have won the 2nd most titles in the history of the NBA and have only missed the playoffs 5 times since our move to LA. We aren't like the Yankees and we actually try and do things the right way. I'm actually digging the evil empire title haha.

I'll have you know that I've supported these teams for over 10 years each. Since I was a little boy at the age of 8 or 9. It isn't my fault they turned out to be good teams to support. You're just jealous!

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Yep, 3 of these teams are professional and 1 is amateur.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Now Barry, no need to be that harsh on Inter 8)

6. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Nets are out, so am I.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

"Could be worse; could be raining" -- Marty Feldman, Young Frankenstein

"Could be worse, Sublicon; could be a Knicks fan" -- HD

8. sublicon

sublicon New Member

good movie...agreed!

9. SoCalJoe

Prediction time now that the matchups are official...

East; ain't goona lie, probably will only see scores/highlights of the jv league so I'll go w/the top 4 seeds.

West; Lakers too much for enver (there is no D in the mile high city)
    Hornets v Dallas; Mavs will exorcise playoff demons, that or Cuban will suffer a meltdown.
    Jazz v Rockets; I'll take Utah, but the fact they are night & day when playing at home and the road, plus don't have home court...shaky pick
    Spurs v Suns; Robert Horry will cheapshot Stoudamire in Game 5 (and not get punished), Shaq will put his size 17 sneaker 3 inches onto the court, get suspended for Game 6 (rules are rules) and the Champs will advance. In all seriousness until the Suns prove it there is no way I can pick against the Spurs.

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Stanley cup playoffs -- Hurricanes stepped on a banana peel the last day of the season, so did I

11. SoCalJoe

Saw the last 5 minutes plus OTs of game 1 Suns/Spurs and its hard to believe one of these great teams in going home in the first round.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I thought Denver was at least supposed to challenge the Lakers. Guess I was wrong. Kobe sucks ass and we still win by a good margin. I'm already getting out the broom.

Magic tore up the Raptors. Yet another series where we might be able to get out the broom.

The Suns have nothing to fear. Duncan isn't gonna keep hitting 3's and they are still gonna win the series.

Stephenson was right, Lebron is overrated. As long as the Wizards take the next game, they still win the series.

I could care less about every other series.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The Spurs are overrated? LeBron is overrated? Just what color IS the sky in your universe?

And, please, don't be surprised when LA has an easy game. "We" will always win as long as "We" is LA or Boston.

FORZA ABC!!!!

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Lebron is prince James. Yes, I'm using a Skip Bayless word here. He's not as good as Bryant,Duncan,Garnett. He's not one of the top 2 players in the league.

I never said the Spurs were overrated. I said they were not gonna win the series.

15. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, I have to admit that I thought that the Shaq deal was incredibly stupid on the Suns part and that Sports Illustrated was stupid when they thought that Grant Hill would stay healthy all season. Apparently, I wasn't all that accurate.

But here's the thing; as long as Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are healthy, they'll win any series in which they get a fair shake -- and i think they'll send Phoenix home early yet again.

The ONLY team that troubles me, talent wise, is the Lakers. If it was Sacramento or Golden State or Portland who had that roster, the Spurs would have a really difficult time beating them. The fact that the team with that roster playes in Los Angeles, proves to me that the Spurs won't have a chance when they play the Lakers.

The ONLY team that can trouble the Lakers is the Celtics, and then only so much as to guarantee that the finals go 7 games, and the 2009 LA-Boston finals go 7 games, and the 2010 LA-Boston finals go 7 games.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bitter about it. I'm just glad that Kobe Bryant was so selfish and stupid as to bust up a very good Lakers team so that the crap that was left would be HIS team. Otherwise, the networks would have never let the Spurs get to the NBA finals after that first year.

And, if they can find ANYBODY who knows how to (a) operate and (b) coach an NBA franchise, then everyone's fucked. The Knicks will win every year -- over the Lakers -- in seven games.

16. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Hittin' the sauce on a Sunday night, Don??

Dude is dropping f-bombs and getting wrapped around the axle about......basketball??? Isn't there like two more months left in the season? And Celtics-Lakers final?? That is just crazy talk. Celtics haven't been any good since Bird left, and Lakers were okay back in the Abdul Jabbar days, but both of those teams are cellar dwellers now.....or at least were the last time I watched a complete highlight of an NBA game.

17. BarryP

BarryP New Member

You really should check out a highlight more than once a year to stay current. LA and Boston are the favorites to win their respective conferences although any team in the west is capable of winning.

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Actually, the missus and I did enjoy more than a sip of some really good fume blanc; thanks. :D

19. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Yeah, right. Next you are going to tell me that the Atlanta Hawks and Denver Nuggets, both past their haydays, are in the playoffs....

20. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Tipped a few glasses of Zinfadel myself. If anyone is looking for an inexpensive but tasty red wine, that goes quite well a pasta bolognese (house was filled with a wonderful aroma the latter half of this past Sunday), I can recommend Dancing Bull. Also seemed to correspond quite nicely with my posts on this thread.