NBA Playoffs 2008

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by omsdogg, Apr 15, 2008.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Guess next time I drive through LV, I should be looking for the glass house. :3d laughing:

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Well this is the sad thing for me. Now Mike Brown looks better than he is so no one is calling for the axe. The most they are doing is talking about getting him an offensive assistant coach.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Wouldn't it be more helpful if they got him some additional offensive talent to coach. Cleveland's front office seems to think that they can pull in players from other teams that weren't quite good enough to put that team over the top and play them next to LeBron and they will somehow reach their "potential". To win an NBA title the front office in Cleveland is going to have to wake up and realize that multi-star teams are taking the trophies home and they only have one.

Boston - Pierce, KG, Allen
    San Antonio - Duncan, Parker, Ginolbli
    Miami - Wade & Shaq(aging)-(this may be the exception to the rule)
    Detroit - Billups, Hamilton, Wallace and Wallace
    LA - Shaq & Kobe
    San Antonio - Duncan & Robinson
    Chicago - Jordan & Pippen & a good supporting cast
    Houston - Hakeem, Drexler and 3 good starters
    Chicago - See above
    LA- Magic, Kareem, Worthy & Green
    Boston - Bird, McHale & Parish

That covers the last 20+ years and perhaps one of those teams won with someone elses castoffs but even an injury prone Shaq is a huge step up from what LeBron and Mike Brown have to work with.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Time for Ron Artest. Get rid of Odom and Farmar is gonna be a star starting PG next season. DO NOT break up the core of the team. That means DO NOT get rid of Bynum,Gasol and Bryant. Also keep Vujacic and Turiaf. Maybe go out and get another exprienced bench player as well and we'll be back next season. If you keep Odom, you're asking for trouble. I'm fucking sick and tired of saying how good he will be every season. You've had 4 seasons to improve and you've done absolutely nothing with that time. Ron Artest is the answer and it will happen. At least you know you're getting the only shut-down defender in the game with 15 PPG and some rebounds. You just need to put up with his craziness and we can handle that.

5. EricD

EricD New Member

I like a healthy Ariza as defensive help off the bench. As was clearly evident, defense is critical.

How did the Barbados second basketball team get Laker uniforms? I did not want to slight the first team.

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

From a Pacers fan becareful what you ask for. Artest is a talent but he cracked up what was beginning to look like a very good team for years to come. I am not sure that in Ronnie's world he would be able to play second fiddle to Kobe like he would be expected to.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I know it's a risk, but it's a risk that could buy us an easy title. He hasn't been so bad with the Queens and I don't think he'd make a fuss in LA as long as we're winning.

8. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I will not deny Artest's talent but those were almost the exact things said about him before he came to the Pacers and we were winning when all the combustion started. This is just an opinion but Artest does not seem to handle properity very well.