NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ChicagoTom, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Am I the only person on FulhamUSA that cares about the NBA Draft? To me this is the by far the best draft of the major sports. I can't wait to see how things unfold tonight.

2. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

--insert---sound of crickets---- chirp chirp

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Umm .. first time i cared in a long time was the LeBron draft... and i dont expect to care again for a while.

I really hung on the MLs draft this year, but our offensive picks aren doing much.. the bright spot being Brandon Moss, Dmid starting almost every game and looking good.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I love it! Joel Freeland was just drafted with the last pick in the first round. Freeland is the first and only pick I can recall coming from England. Regardless, when he went up on stage to shake the commissioner's hand, he shook his hand and gave him a red England soccer shirt. I loved it! He knows where the priorities are in England!

5. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

How drole that the top two "other sports" threads coincide.. the ESPN analysis:

What the he!! are the Knicks thinking!!! That guy was second round, not #20 material!"

Vaya Con Dios, Isiah!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The local guy who does the Spurs coverage here says that the Knicks cost themselves a lot of money with Brown's severance package. All they would have to have done was wait until they drafted this dude and Brown would have quit in disgust.

Sigh.

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I don't think Renaldo Balkman is a bad player, but as many experts have stated, he could have been had in the second round. With the 20th pick, the Knicks could have done better.

9. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

The Knicks should have gotten a pass first defensive point guard... the 29th pick was a good pick where it was...

But Renaldo Balkman is listed at 7 different heights and I have no idea if he is really 6'8 or 6'4 1/2.

The pick after the knicks was what they needed... shot blocking and rebounding...

WTF... I'm embarrassed.

10. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Draft makes for interesting TV. Gotta love Stephen A Smith! What’s up with Dan Patrick I only saw part of the 2nd round but he seemed very depressed to be there. I couldn't believe that an English guy went in the first round. Crazy World! Has there ever been and English guy drafted in any American leagues for any sports besides MLS?

11. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

There has never been an English guy drafted in the NBA in as long as I can remember.

As for Dan Patrick, the draft was very long (although not as long as the NBA) and I think after almost four of the five hours of coverage, the crew was just rehashing the same catch phrases and adjectives for every player. Gets a bit old from his point of view.

Overall, I though Patrick and the ESPN crew did a nice job. One of the many things I love about Stephen A. is that he never backs shys away from saying what is on his mind. Some good stuff last night.

Bulls did well with Tyrus Thomas and Thabo Sefolosha from Switzerland. Well done Pax!

12. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Yeah, I have to admit the bulls do well every draft...

I could have sworn the one guy all the way on the left kept using the "this guy is the guy I want to in to a fight with".

What the $^%^*&^ does that mean?

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It means he's a solid header of a beer cup.

14. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

15. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

I am a Cleveland fan and they did well to get Shannon Brown in the Draft.