My Xmas wish: A red-hot poker up...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 22, 2006.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.. Joe Wilson's ass!

{Note I said 'Xmas; nothing to do with the reason for the season.. not very Christian of me, after all.}

Wilson lawyer predicted jury could find V.P.'s former chief of staff guilty

While the attorney in question is absolutely right that the charges have no bearing on the original investigation, the fact that she ignored a specific order of the court points out the vacuity and brain-numbed Bush Derangement Syndrome exhibited by many or most inside and outside the beltway.

- I have to point out again the conundrum concerning how a person can 'lie' in testimony if he has voluntarily surrendered the instrument that proved his recollection false. Could it be he didnt think the issue was a big deal, at the time, and forgot it?

And did not Chris Matthews hope the attorney would give some juicy stuff up? Why else have her on, in the first place?

I REALLY want some significant closure on this in the larger picture.. who REALLY LIED; When, about what, and why?

Just as I think I want Bush impeached by a special congressional panel once he leaves office....I'm getting sick of this 'Ronnie Earle' justice.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Oh... speaking of "agenda driven prosecution", throw another iron on the barbie for Mike Nifong

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

red hot pokers up the ass for Christmas? How very "Prince of Peace" of you!

3. pettyfog

Re: RE: My Xmas wish: A red-hot poker up...

Pick up your geetar so your brain engages....

So... what's your point... other than needling me?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well needling you is its own reward, but I was wondering what it was that had all you right wing Christians so much in love with torture the last six years.

Probably wouldn't have bothered without the Earle reference. There's an old GI similie that pops into my head every time you mention him. It ends with "as a Christmas turkey."

5. pettyfog

Ooooh good one, Don!

Ignore the disclaimer, stretch the element.

Okay.... take out Ronnie Earle, substitute Mike Dewine, who ALSO prosecuted for political agenda... how's that?

Now, after new year we deal with that rocket scientist, Sandy Berger...
    heh...

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So Mike Dewine is the "ALSO" for the DA in Durham? Hard to keep your extensive list of bad guys straight.

7. pettyfog

Alll three the same... we could discuss later how Ohio conservatives, who Dewine professes to be one of, became disgusted with him, and let him lose.

now do you actually have a VIEW on the topic ... or is all this to just protect your nice safe, 'my party good... those guys bad' world view.

You could start out by justifying Nifong's actions in the Duke case.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Why would I want to even comment on Nifong?

As for a view on the topic of the post, I think Wilson's lawyer was ill-advised and think that George W. Bush-nominated U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton made a well-reasoned argument in admonishing her conduct. [Class: witness that liberals don't assume that judges appointed by members of the opposite party are biased; this is one way to tell them from conservatives :D ].

As far as the Plame/Wilson affair is concerned, I've stated my views on that incident in a previous post. In the spirit of The Fog, go back in the archives and find it yourself.

9. jmh

jmh New Member

When I saw the thread title I assumed the red-hot poker was going up someone's ass, but I assumed it was Jose Mourinho.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

dare to dream, jmh; dare to dream! :banana: :banana: :banana: