My HighSchool Boys Season

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Jensers, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Going into this game last night we were 6-2-1. We played the school down the road from us at home and lost 2-1!

They scored to make it 2-1 with about 8 minutes left and we were unable to get the equalizer.

Check out this screenshot from a goal that was called back for an offside call that went against us. Dang-it!!

[​IMG]

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

By the way - I dont like the girdiron lines either, but it sure makes it easy to sort out who is on and who is off.

Well - correction - apparently it doesnt help if you are a linesman.

hehehehe....

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's a rip, Jensers, but this makes it a teachable moment. He was in the correct position, but it's still hard for him to look at the kicker and watch the back line at the same time.

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I agree. I ref as well, and I know how hard it is to see everything - but that being said - I know the Assistant fairly well... He is a defender.

Never make a defender an assistant - he is going to favor the defense on anything that is close! USSF states that if there is any doubt - the flag must stay down.

I am an attacker so I keep it down - he is a defender so he is going to put it up.

But I am not trying to moan - I am fine with it. We see stuff like this every weekend at the highest level. Adds to the Drama.

Thought I would share.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Tough call. Since you know the assistant well, will you show him the picuture?

Nice picture too

6. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Nah - I will raz him about it next time I see him. I sent it to the center referee - he is the guy that provided my referee instruction. I also sent him an image of a penalty decision that went our way. The picture clearly shows it was the right call - GK came out and throwball tackled my forward and was nowhere near the ball...

Here is that picture too - it is the moment where the forward is jumping and heading the ball onto goal.

[​IMG]

7. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Sorry for the loss...
    Here is my opinion, for what it is worth. They say timing is everything.
    Based on the photo (live action would be better), it looks like the player on far side is off.
    Defenders are at the "23" and he is pushing toward the "22" and running.
    Where was he when contact (kick) was made? Was he involved with the play after kick?
    So this photo may not be the best example...

PS- An old ref to a young ref, please don't let a position you play cloud your judgment. Offside, is offside, is offside.

Keep on ref'n!! :D
    MK

8. IanHux

IanHux New Member

C'mon you Knights!! That's a really tough loss and unfortunately, my computer will not display the pictures so I can't comment on the call. I'll be pulling for you guys this season. Here's some dancing bananas to spur you onto victory :banana: :banana: :banana:

9. Jensers

Jensers New Member

MK - Come on! The ball has already been played and the far player has just crossed the 25. The defender on the near side is on the 21.5 hash mark. He is at least a yard if not 2 yards onside.

I hear you - Offside is Offside, but ties go to the attack - not to the defense...That is all I am saying.

[​IMG]

10. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Agree with Jens about the first call. No offside. I am thinking the Linesman was looking at the same thing as Misfit Kid was, the defender closest to the attacker. Probably completely missed the kid on the other side. Which leads to the one rule in soccer that is not written, at least more explicably, "the Ref's decision stands!"

In the other picture, I just cannot tell what is going on.

11. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

That is all I meant- Photo Angles & Timing, it is hard to tell for sure.
    I don't think I can say definitely on or off, that is why there are no ties... 8)