my April political thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 28, 2010.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

When I was a kid, the joke was that the unofficial motto of the state of Mississippi was "Thank God for Arkansas."

In that spirit, I'd like to commend the GOP-controlled state legislature and GOP governor of the great state of Arizona for passing and proudly signing:

a. The very first step towards the implementation of a national ID card. Since the governor and GOP spokesmen have guaranteed us that there's NO RACIAL PROFILING involved in this "you must carry proof of citizenship" law, it must mean that EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY must have such a document if we're driving through the state. Sounds like a need for the dreaded national ID card to me. Thanks "party of small government!" 8)

and, even better

b. the same august body and governor passed and signed a law stating that anyone running for president of the United States must provide a birth certificate. Now, in the same spirit as the previous bill, this or course has nothing to do with our current president. After all, as I've been assured over and over on this site, birthers are not in the Tea Party or GOP mainstream.

Guys and gals from the big AZ, my hat's off to you. It takes a tremendous amount of work for a legislative body to make the Texas Legislature look sound, sober, and deliberative, and it takes a rare form of genius to be more lame than our own governor Let's Secede Hair-do!

Thanks, Arizona. Not only is the ghost of Evan Mecham dancing in delight, I feel so much better about being a Texan now!
    :D

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Ummmm... Yeah.

(insert long and logical discussion on immigration here)

This immigration thing is going to go on and on and on and nothing is ever going to be done.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

"A Masterpiece of Obfuscation and misdirection worthy of Art Bell, Glenn Beck, or an Alinsky Disciple... I urge everyone to read it over and over until it sinks in."
    - pettyfog

Remember, above all, that Don says the GOP Conservatives will insist on a National Identity Card.