Must See TV: Tonight's Dem Debate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

One man's realism is another mans fantasy...

... who are we to pick who is a realistic contender... until of course the say or do something extremely stupid.

Obama has potential. If it seems he's not being an independent
    thinker, well its because only two guys running for office on the Dem side are. And we think they are crazy.

Its a bad move politically to be independent, the Dems try it every election, and seem like the broken party.

I thought i was going to be a Democrat for life... then I realized that all the money for all the social programs they promise, winds up being redirected to efforts not related to the original social program. See Social Security... and more recently NYState and Education funds.

I think HillBillary are losing momentum as they reached the sealing quite early and her pompus attitude seems to smoldering and about to light her campaign aflame. Make no mistake, the media will push her until the end. So she will be in it until 8pm EST on Super Tuesday.

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

I thought it was "One man's Terrorist, is another man's Freedom Fighter"??

But since Bin Laden's men aren't fighting for freedom, but rather to keep people oppressed, does that make them Oppression Fighters???

3. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

This was always true until the Bush Administration.

Who is Bin Laden Oppressing?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yes, and we have the last 6+ years to prove how idiotic that statement is.

I haven't been watching the debates because they mean nothing to me. Texas's primary is so late in the year that the nomination is pretty much tied up by the time we get a chance to vote. So I wait for the campaign.

The talk about Obama and Hillary always make me smile, though. This is the United States of America in the early 21st Century people. Here's three people who will NOT be president of the United States come January 2009:

1. Ron Paul -- great appeal to the demographic that expresses their support via the internet [18-30]. Unfortunately, this demographic doesn't vote. I'll be shocked if he's still around after South Carolina.
    2. Hillary Clinton -- even DEAD Republicans will resurrect themselves to vote against her. If the Democrats pick her as their candidate, not only will they ensure a Republican victory in 2008, they'll guarantee enough money donated to the RNC to make Jack Abramoff blush.
    3. Barack Obama -- Everyone raves about the guy, and I like listening to him too. But he's black and his middle name is "Hussain." Hillary might carry New York and Massachusetts, but I think Obama might lose every state. People like to pretend that race and gender don't matter, but when they get in to the ballot box where nobody can see what they're doing, they're going to vote their fears. And in America, those fears are strong women and people of color.

Now somebody call me racist and sexist for pointing out the most obvious truth in the world.

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I'm not sure this even warrants an anwser but here ya go. He is the fuctional and symbolic leader of Al-queda. Al-queda's goal is to restore sharia law the to muslim world. Are you going to argue that sharia law is not oppressive Smokin?

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

so.. you agree with me, it IS Al Gore in 08?!

Seriously if you put up an open ticket between Paul, Edwards and Obama... for me, it would be Obama in a heartbeat. {BUT>>>}*

Yes, he's a lightweight but he has common sense.

As to Hillary, dont blame her inelectability on Republicans alone. You know damn well there are a significant percentage of Dems dont want anything to do with her... and as to 'race', that's why the first 'black female' president will be Republican. Should'a been Condi... but right now, I cant figure her out.

You're talking to a guy that 'mixes-in' here. I worked on the factory floor in the sixties, and I work with 'salt of the earth' 'trades' now. Aint nothing much changed. So I suspect you're right about the Obama chances.
    Note: I misread Don's post initially and have changed the above to suit.

But what people REALLY should be considering is the talent the winner will bring into the administration.

If we have to endure another Reno, Madeleine Albright, and Sandy 'Socks' Berger... arghhhh!

* What's WORSE..
    Obama picked Brezinski to advise him!

7. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

I'm not trying argue this... but he's the boogie man at this point. He may not even be alive... so, I just dont think he's doing a very good job.

According to Pettyfog and some pro war literature and recently more people who are warming and will to accept the idea, Al Q is fractional and Bin laden no longer pulls strings... according to GWB he's irrelavent and thus no longer functional.

Just my two cents... has he oppressed? Yeah... no agrument there.

8. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

Don I do love and all, but this not quite right... sure the internet folks are 18 - 30, and no they dont vote, but he has shown that they are willing to organize and show up for him. So at the primarys I'm sure he'll have similar support, I'm not saying he'll win. Every poll discussion on the MSM news these days includes the HUGE surprise that he'll make. See Zogby; Rassmussen.

There are a ton of disenfranchized paleo conservative voters your forgetting... just do me a favor and act surprised. when he places third in a few states.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Love back at you; and I won't have to pretend. I'll be surprised, and I'll also be pleased. There's a need for some fresh air in the political arena.

10. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Him personally, probably just himself and his closest aide these days.

But that wacky group he was with in Afghanistan, the Taliban, oppressed quite a few while they were in charge.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well.. back to the point:

Evidently the warning by Clinton to Blitzer took.. he didnt irritate 'Her Majesty'.

And just to MAKE SURE..

And same as Iowa.. some are saying OUT LOUD they werent allowed to ask THEIR questions, just pick from a list.

It seems to me this cannot go on without resulting in a huge back-lash at some point in time..

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

What is the name of the book?

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The book is called Boss, although I can recommend pretty much anything that Mike Royko wrote. As my father used to say, he's the kind of guy who would call a spade a shovel.