Muslims tell Chelsea's two Israelis to stay home

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lyle, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Muslims tell Chelsea

apologies to Lyle... but I moved this because the connection with soccer is incidental.

Not surprising to anyone who's paid attention to 'diversity' and 'global jihad'.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

It will be interesting if Chelski goes for the game or tells them to get lost. What would Roman say? Does he really need the money and exposure enough to take a direct slap in the face to his organization, and himself? It will be interesting to see.

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

They also have Ben Sahar who scored twice against Fulham while on loan to QPR in August.

West Ham left Yossi Benayoun at home when they went to train in Dubai about 3 years ago.

Hopefully Chelsea will go there and play, and take a stand against bigotry and Muslim backwardness.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

or Abramovich may say nothing in hopes that Grant will walk out. Who knows? My question is, where's FIFA on this? This is racism, and FIFA mandates punishment of racist teams and associations.

Oh, and 'fog. Moving was nice, but what in the world does diversity have to do with what these idiots in Malaysia are doing? Calm your knee.

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Arguably FIFA doesn't since Israel plays in UEFA and not in the Asian confederation. If FIFA really cared they ban all the Muslim countries from the World Cup that have Israeli or Jewish athlete bans... yet Saudi Arabia is always at the World Cup.

Would love to see Israel and Saudi Arabia go at it at the World Cup.

7. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Hmmm....I usually don't post on these topics however I couldn't help myself. I guess it is not surprising that some folks in a country (Malaysia) would want to 'politicise' a non political event. I don't know if it is a rascist move or it just a political move (by some outside and possbily inside the government there) fostered by anger over their perception of what is happening in Isarael/Palistine. No matter, I think since sports is a way to bring people together (geez -- just look at the diversity of the folks on this site), politics should have no place in Sports (I realize I am being an idealist here)........meaning what 'they' (Malaysia) proposes to possibly do is silly, just as would be excluding them, or anyone who bans Israeli players from events, where FIFA is the governing body or anyone else for that matter, would be silly as well. I think maintaining a higher standard, as an example and in the face of behavior like this from countries like Malaysia, is the way to go.

I agree with Lyle, I hope they go and take a stand and that that an Israel- Saudi match would be a great thing to watch (a long the lines of a Celtic/Ranger match! ;-).