Moritz Volz on Setanta

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

FYI,

Some of you may have seen this if you have Setanta or get Setanta Online, but Moritz Volz has been doing a sometimes weekly TV report for Setanta's Friday Football show hosted by James Richardson of the Guardian. This past week Volz talked about living in Fulham and his not playing for Fulham at the moment. They also interviewed Sven-Goran and Sanchez about this weekend's game. Volz said not playing was hard, but that he is waiting for his chance to show what he can do.

I don't think Volz does the report every week, but he has done at least two so far this season.

2. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

I can say that I am just as frustrated and confused that Volzy isn't playing as I am sure he is. Lawrie seems like a sharp manager and he knows where the main hole is in the defense. Hopefully Volzy gets his chance sooner rather than later. (Petrov down comes down the left... scores yet again... sigh)

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i saw him do a report for the germany-england friendly way back in august. it wsa fairly enjoyable. he is officially the man.

4. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Re: RE: Moritz Volz on Setanta

Yeah, that was his first Setanta report he did. He seems to be popular with the English football journalists because of his blog and personality. He was talked about briefly on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast a while back because of his blog and for having played a pick up game of football in the park this summer with some people. They also like that he rides the bus and takes the tube to work.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Re: RE: Moritz Volz on Setanta

I am not sure Volz is the solution to Baird. He deserves a chance, but Volz wasn't that great either last year. Just sticking him in there doesn't necessarily solve anything.

I actually think the defense has played well the last two weekends. Sometimes you'll get scored on even if you play well. That's Premier League football.

6. andyns

andyns New Member

RE: Re: RE: Moritz Volz on Setanta

But I think Volz deserves a go, Baird has been pretty shocking lately.

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Moritz Volz on Setanta

While I don't think Baird was even the worst defender against MCFC, I wouldn't be opposed to giving Volz a shot at starting again at RB.