More Things we dont need to know..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 7, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.. according to the media.

* That PETA has taken advantage of the Manitoba Bus beheading to promote their borderline idiocies.

Yes, indeedy! And how I would very much like to watch a Nat Geo docudrama on 'Lions of the Kruger' with a PETA wonk.

Or even be with a PETA wonk during the 'ripping of testicles from young pigs'. Idiots!
    Oh... get this comment:
    A perfect example of a young woman who fits the redneck view; 'Keep 'em barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen!'

* That the Canadian quasi-judicial Human Rights Councils continue to play hell with free speech. Dropping charges against anyone with the balls, and money, to contest them. AFTER Legal fees are run up! {Note the complainants need spend NO money on lawyers, just file a boilerplate cut'n'paste grievance..
    While cowing the lesser financed into 'deals' to shut them up. Non-compliance of which CAN be taken to civil court.

* To cap all this off, a JOURNALISM PROF suggests that, before skeptics can publish a word about their doubts on man-made global warming, their ideas should pass some scientific 'litmus test'.

Oh, he backtracks..
    ... but what he doesnt consider is that, sooner or later, from all the noise he complains about, sense comes out.

What about someone like me? If I suddenly was given the same platform on a national scale, I wouldnt be allowed to say... 'I dont give a crap about 'peer review', AL Gore's postulations just dont make sense!'
    And he justifies that by citing third world 'official press statements'. Ironic, no?
    Even the maverick scientist, Galileo comes to mind, would be hushed until he built a concensus.

See how all this ties together?

PETA has the RIGHT to use a horrifying incident to further their claims... and I have the right to point at them and make fun. Even to saying some bimbo twit needs to get married and shut up!

Muslims now have the right to try and silence critics using stupid legislation, while a Christian whose faith was slandered would have no voice. On the say of some ad hoc panel. But I have the right to call Canadian HRC legislation STUPID. Even if I were a Canadian.

If I could be silenced on AGW, then why not on other issues.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

If only Gore would've spent his time defending evolution, an established science, rather than meddling in emerging science (and helping to ram unestablished theories down the throats of schools), the PETA people might have learned something. They might learned some evolution and realized that they are homo sapiens, a species different from that of cows or chickens.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I LUV you, Mo!

See, I didnt have to hit HER on the head with the core message behind the PETA rant!

4. jmh

jmh New Member

You know what I like about cows and chickens?

They're DELICIOUS.

5. Clevelandmo

I love my cow and chicken on PETA bread :3d funny:

6. Clevelandmo

Thanks 'Fog, and I LUV the way you keep this place interesting!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

PETA = People for the Eating of Tasty Animals