MLSLive.tv info

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by DawgTheDon, Mar 16, 2009.

1. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

There were rumors in the media that Major League Soccer would offer MLSLive.tv free for the 2009 season. That is not the case, as MLS have finally updated the MLSLive.tv website.

2009 Prices:

Season Ticket: $19.95

Day Pass: $4.95

Audio Only: $4.95

The best news is, they've improved their video quality for this season.

Some people will moan about it not being free this year, but for only $20...you can't beat that. Much better than paying $80 for Direct Kick. As soon as I get home from work, I plan on purchasing the Season Ticket Package.

BTW...if you do have DirecTV, Dish Network or IN Demand, MLS Direct Kick will be free this weekend.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting that up, Don. This is a freaking BARGAIN at 20 bucks. you can watch any game that's LOCALLY televised, and at the same time

Here's the blackout restrictions:
    Now it should be noted that games are archived, not just highlites. And NOT blacked out if they were so live.

At least that's the way it was last year. IIRC it takes anywhere from a few hours to a day to archive it.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Also the 400kbps last season was excellent.
    There may be a problem if you try the new 800kbps service and have 1.5M downstream, like me, but you will never know if you dont try it.

And I remind there is no reason to fear overloaded servers... it's done by MLB.com and they have a great rep.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: MLSLive.tv info

Thank you both for this info -- this will be an easier sell in the SteveM19 house than the full plan -- soccer fans on a budget in a crappy economy unite!