MLS Yanks PLAYING over there

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Mar 1, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And I suppose THIS qualifies...

Yay... but WTF
    Crew 5 - 1 Everton Reserves
    includes a Marshall OG

- yeah, that was the Toffee reserve Reserves. Which deserves a WTF of its own. Coach Bobby's connections?!!!

.. which club is quite excited, expect to see a gate of at least 2000.

Dont suppose 'Spurs ladies was available.

Hopefully when they play L'pool, they'll see the near roster players.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sure, it qualifies ... depending of course on how many Crew players and how many members of the Everton reserves are "Yanks OVER THERE."

Better watch it; we have a cranky moderator who gets upset if you post stuff in the wrong thread -- you know, MLS stuff in a thread about Yanks in Europe.

3. pettyfog

concerns yanks - players AND team.. over there.. and a BIG helping of "WTF!!"
    [But.. I moved it, anyway}

If one of the issues is 'chance of injury', it's my opinion that the chances are greater in a mismatch like that.

Not due to skills.. due to wish to prove self or avoid embarrassment.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

OMG . . . . OMG that is so funny. Wish I knew. :3d laughing: I would have found a way to make it to the match. Guiseley is just a wee village.

Menston is where we lived. proabably the only place smaller than Guiseley. This is too funny, if you could see Guiseley - teeny tiny, had no idea they had a "pro" football club. How I wish that I could go.

5. pettyfog

Well, other than PR, the Crew UK tour had mixed results.. no one scored on them, but the competition was a little suspect. At the least, Everton fielded a reserve 'B' lineup, supposedly due to injury decimation.

Guiseley got cancelled due to pitch flooding; the local Ad-rags were quite flattering about the team, however...
    Indirect links through BS

And a nice match report on Crew beating the L'pool 'Reserves' 2-0, on the LFC site

Aggregate result: Crew 7-1* Mersey Sides

* OG - Chad Marshall