MLS Expansion Draft - Friday 17th

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Nov 15, 2006.

1. rumstove

rumstove New Member

mmm, out of contract and wouldn't have come back? well then, adios Jaqua!

2. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

how bout that...i was 1 for 10. don't put me on any manager shortlists in the near future. :shock:

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

of the 10....Mo Johnston has already come out and said 5-6 will be traded. Most of those will be announced w/ in the next 48 hours too. Interesting. The one's I remember him saying would be traded....Serioux is a done deal for Ronnie O'Brien (a pick included by Toronto). Jason Kreis, Danny O'Rourke are also on the chopping block. Can't remember the others at this point, but i think he said that Cancela and Regan will both be on the team.

4. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

ok...here it is...
    Cancela, Nagamura, Jacqua, Dyachenko, and Kotschau are those they will keep a hold of. the others will be traded for allocations, picks, or whatever. I have a strong feeling they're making a run at Radz too since he's free at the end of the year and is a Canadian International.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Kotschau.. but Mo didnt have to think to much about him, he just 'took him back'.

Note he DIDNT pick Buddle, though..

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Jacqua impressed me when I saw him play.

One concern that a lot of these guys must have is the same problem Toronto players have in MLB -- the exchange rate.

About Petty's tip for Radz, I didn't think much of it until I saw that Radz played for Canada last week. Don't think he's been a regular lately. I don't remember him in the Gold Cup of WC qualifiers last year. If he is newly returned, that might be a good reason why.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Since they are not under contract to the Club, but to MLS, I think the salaries will automatically adjust. I never quite understood why there was such a problem with MLB, either, other than lousy attendance at Montreal.

I DO know that Hockey had a big problem.

Oh, BTW speaking of MLS owning the contracts .. think Dempsey for Radz