MLS Cup 2009: REAL Salt Lake v. Los Angeles GALAXY

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Nov 22, 2009.

?

Who wins MLS Cup 2009 Tonight?

Poll closed Nov 23, 2009.
  1. REAL Salt Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. L.A. GALAXY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

That's going to be a tall order. We've knocked them off two of the last three, so sneaking up on them is out the window. Working in our favor though, this is the 10th anniversary of the Bonfire tragedy http://bonfire.tamu.edu/. There will be some serious emotion in the mix at Kyle Field in 2 nights.

Nothing would make my Turkey Day like beating the sips and knocking them out of the national title game. And seeing the team honor our fallen like they did in 99 after the accident. Gig 'Em and Beat the Hell Outta t.u.

Sorry for the hijack, blame the man on the Redneck Riviera.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

No one is going to sign for an MLS team when they are a starter (or potential starter) for a World Cup or Euro Cup team. Beckham wouldn't have, it he'd have thought he had any whisper of hope at the time. Not playing from Nov to April does not prepare someone for Summer tournaments and if you're going to get loaned to a team for the Spring season, you might as well play for that team in the Fall as well, to increase your likelihood of playing time.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

to complete the multiple hijack,

1. we need a fall/spring for league credibility
    2. we need to honor the FIFA international breaks to sign top international players.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sear & Dippity

I just love chance discoveries..
    While accidently surfing BS I ran across Bill Archer's blog on the Cup Game...
    and in the comments:

Ah.. TWO of my primary 'net antagonistas square off!

Howz it feel, Franek?!!!
    He's been doing that to me for over 7 years.

popcorn, sodey pop, lazy-boy!
    :banana: