MLS considers DP expansion

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Oct 20, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

.. but not very seriously, I hope.

Read More: Soccernet

LA has the most serious problems concerning the rule. Both Donovan and Beckham qualify. so they will need to find a way to trade for another team's DP slot to retain Donovan.
    It's notable that NY wasted their second DP with their first pick, Reyna... which only points out the problems with looking at only PART of the player history. For instance, I only looked at injury history, and knew getting Reyna was a mistake.
    - added: actually I think he HAS had an effect; and NY should look at that as a possible answer. Pay him the extra dosh as a coach.

I also hooted Dallas getting Denilson.. and all I needed to do was read his wiki to see Dallas was rolling the dice for boxcars... so far he's fitting nicely into the Matteus template. Except, unlike Matteus, he's a has been who never really was.

So, after one season, there are three DP's carrying their weight. Doesnt seem to me it's time to allot a second slot. I hope that LA can find a way to get their second without that.

Otherwise, I guess it's time for Donovan to go to London. Anyone thinks he'll go anywhere else isnt considering MISSUS Landycakes. Well, maybe a big club in Spain but that's a whole 'nother problem.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

To answer the maybe obvious, yes I am ignoring the Fulham game for the delay broadcast.

Meanwhile on topic, HERE is this Cols Dispatch article on Schelotto

Note the inference on 'creative wage assignment' between Boca Jrs and Columbus. Perhaps more of THAT is in order.