1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I like it and am ready for MLS to start!

SoCalJoe and astroevan like this.
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I tell myself every year that this is the year I'll get more into MLS. But every year my interest becomes very spotty throughout the season. I typically catch the final (or at least part of it), so we'll see how it goes this year. I've sort of adopted Atlanta United as my team (they are the team geographically closest) and I'm hoping that now Hyndman is a regular that I'll keep up better. It should be fairly easy since I am an ESPN+ subscriber, but I always feel like I need a good highlight/summary show to keep me well rounded and interested in the league as a whole. The other issue that I have is that the matches are so sporadic and widespread. It's not like I can count on my team playing nearly every Saturday at 10am (like some other team I follow).

SoCalJoe likes this.
  4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Love, love ❤️ MLS on ESPN+. Watching almost any match I want whenever I want is my idea of bingeing soccer.

CONCACAF Champions League has been a roller coaster already with America and Tigres both avoiding being booted by the skin of their teeth and Atlanta, Montreal and NYCFC already advancing to the second round. Last two first round matches are tonight with Seattle favored to move on and LAFC needing to spank Leon to advance.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    SoCalJoe likes this.
  5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

A buddy and I talked about going to the LAFC-Leon game, but tix were a C note and after a stereo typical MLS ‘preseason’ performance at León didn’t think it was worth it....BIG mistake. The stadium was rocking, and Vela and Rossi led the way:
    https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/m...-los-angeles-football-club-vs-club-leon/recap

When I think of Bob Bradley’s style of football I don’t think of the free flowing attacking footy LAFC displays. Even after scoring the leading goal, they looked to score again, and León never threatened.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    BarryWhite and encorespanish like this.
  6. SullyTexan

SullyTexan Active Member

Nice opening day here with the dynamo. 75 degrees and a 1 all draw vs LA Galaxy

Attached Files:

SoCalJoe and BarryWhite like this.
  7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@BarryWhite I know you’ll be watching tonight as Portland and Orlando play the final of the MLS is Back Tournament (who thought of that name?). The play not so shockingly started slowly and has progressively gotten better. Pulling for my Tmbers, but think Orlando will win. Have always thought that Orlando’s Oscar Pareja should be considered for the USMNT gig.

8. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Active Member

SoCalJoe likes this.