1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

What's with those Galaxy away strips? They look like something out of the African Cup of Nations. Too busy and rather hideous.

Good job by MLS trying to lock up all of the USMNT guys. It's their best shot at trying to gain momentum from this World Cup. Not sure how good it is for the USMNT, but time will tell. Jones is experienced enough that a move to MLS wouldn't affect his development. I'd still like to see younger players who are good enough shipped overseas for the experience and the footballing culture.

3. AggieMatt

I understand tonight's game between Munich and the All Stars is in Portland, but 9:30 pm ET on a weeknight??? This league needs someone more tv savvy, badly.

4. nevzter

Ag, I couldn't agree more - how about a weekend timeframe? Just throwing that out (and hoping I can snag a Hollywood/MLS job in the interim)

5. tim

tim Active Member

Agree entirely. I can understand steering clear of weekends during NFL season, or even college football season. Or even when any of the major European leagues are in action. But we're currently in the one brief window in the entire annual calendar when there's little going on in the sports world. There's obviously a reason for it that we're just not seeing. If I had to fathom a guess, it would be that they locked in the deal with Bayern to have them play the match and it's the German club's schedule that's dictating the midweek timing.

6. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

What a shot by Lewandowski.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Glad the MLS All-Stars won. I only wish I was able to watch it LIVE, instead of falling asleep minutes before kick-off on the couch. It's official, I am getting old. :(

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

9. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Landon Donovan announced via Facebook page that this is his last year as a pro.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Anybody else think the kid wants popcorn instead of a sweaty jersey?;)

11. AggieMatt

Well, he wound up with both, so not a bad deal. However, this is why you don't give children choices.

12. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

LOL among other reasons.

13. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

They are hideous and look like they should be jerseys for Mexico. I believe it was a fan contest from last season for the third kit and this somehow won.

[​IMG]

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Jermaine Jones is headed to the Revolution after in typical MLS fashion (made up roster rules on the fly), NE won a blind draw over Chicago for his services.

dcheather likes this.
  15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yeah, MLS doesn't make it easy sometimes with these on the fly rules. Be interesting to see how Jermain Jones makes out in NE.

Anyway, DC UNITED! Went to Sporting KC and claimed the top spot in the East in style. I appreciated Chris Rolfe as a decent player before, but the addition of him and Espindola have really turned this team around. And they're still missing Pontius--and won't be back until next year.

16. Andersons11

Andersons11 Member

It is abit old seeing the league make up rules as it goes regarding transfers.

My irk is the returning Nat player being treated as a DP with Clint and Bradley totally skipping the allocation rule.

However Im just happy my Crew are picking up at the right time, we did well against the Dynamo considering Gonzalez just joined Palermo.

Apparently Diskerud was the Nat player who wanted to join, no idea if that has any truth behind it.

Curious as to the new "identity" the Crew will be rolling out on the 8th of Oct.

17. nevzter

Watched the Sounders v. Timbers on Sunday - and Valeri and Martins are complete studs for their respective clubs. Yes, "complete."

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Galaxy are on a roll, winning their 5th straight last night by stomping Colorado 6-0. They've been reeling in Seattle for the overall points lead and now are only 2 behind.

Landon continues to be going out in style w/2 converted squatting, hand kissing PKs and 2 assists.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I watched the first half and went to bed during half time. The match was over after 36 seconds when Colorado's GK decided he was a cornerback and tackled a Galaxy player who was about to score. The quickest RED in MLS history. The Gals played the next 45 just like a veteran club playing a desperate team fielding 10 players. I didn't see the last three goals, but it was all over inside a minute.

Two things I liked -- the reaction of the players and supporters to the tragedy befalling one of the Galaxy's players whose newborn died of a heart ailment, and the reaction of the crowd to the Galaxy PA announcer. Whenever there was an announcement that ended "thank you," about 3000 voices shouted "YOU'RE WELCOME."

20. tim

tim Active Member

I try to keep things pretty light around here, but if you want to read up on AJ DeLaGarza, you can here. It was remarkable to watch how the team and fans responded Friday night.

As for the "you're welcome" chant, it's a regular at Galaxy matches. After a goal, the PA announcer will announce it only with the player's first name. The crowd responds with the last name. They repeat twice, followed by the "thank you" and "you're welcome." I assume they've stolen the practice from a European club, but it's still a lot of fun.