1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I agree, that is an excellent manner in which to handle that situation. Petke is solid.

2. tim

tim Active Member

Hats off to MLS' marketing department for this. Brilliant.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfI4_Ay_Cxc[/youtube]

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Beat me to it Tim. Certainly good for a :D. Hope Solo is purrrrrfect in that role

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

:text-+1: :D

5. nevzter

That's pretty damn funny

6. BarryWhite

Gyasi Zardes with the Galaxy is someone worth watching in my opinion. He's young, dynamic and unafraid which means he looks exactly like what LA needs if he can produce that over the last half of the season. With consistent minutes he may finally break out into the explosive threat his potential has shown us glimpses of last season.

7. BarryWhite

8. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Beasley signs a DP contract with Houston.

That is now 10 USMNT players on DP contracts with MLS right now.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo's moving back to Houston now!

11. BarryWhite

12. Clevelandmo

Montreal fouled Nagbe six times last night. He has now been fouled 16 more times than any other player in the league. At least MLS refs have finally started handing out yellows for the fouls, but it is still not a good situation. Something more needs to be done before his career is ended, and fans are robbed of seeing the best player ever to come out of the US system playing for the Nats.

13. Clevelandmo

Awesome he is in MLS and Houston! But I'm not moving back with this global warming thing going on. :)

14. nevzter

Mo, I'm with you on this. Players can hack the hell out of the opposing club's best players and it happens routinely in MLS. You drop an eyelash on Messi and see how quick a card comes out - I don't like the idea of a "thug" league.

15. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Houston is immune to global warming. It's always been sweltering and largely miserable.

16. BarryWhite

LA was superior to Seattle in every facet of the game during the first half.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yes, Seattle hasn't been in the game for even a second.

18. Clevelandmo

It was fun watching Seattle get totally schooled at home in front of 40,000 of their mindless fans. That one guy who just wasn't quite good enough for Brazil certainly seemed to be one of the most useful and hard working players on either team. I thought Robbie Rogers did well at left back, and was basically just happy to see him playing. Yedlin was completely shut down by LA's pressure and probably the fact that Seattle were missing most of their normal back line. Still, I'd rather he stay where he is and not go abroad until he shows more consistency. He'd sit at Roma. My other favorite Seattle player, Alonso, was also noticeably ineffective. LA just completely owned the midfield. I thought Dempsey played well, as did Martins, but they weren't enough.

Hopefully LA and their mediocre, has-been #10 got it out of their system and won't play at that level this weekend vs Portland. And Hopefully Darlington is not injured from the latest series of take downs he suffered. The game is on NBC and will thankfully be played at a decent hour of the day for those in the Eastern time zone - no nap necessary.

19. Clevelandmo

Thug league is probably correct, unfortunately. More yellows and reds is the only answer I see. Garber made a point to have the officials crack down on grabbing in the box on set plays, I think this should be a bigger priority.

20. tim

tim Active Member

I don't know that 11:30 is a decent hour, as it will leave me roasting in the midday sun at the Stubhub Center, but I appreciate the enthusiasm nonetheless.

A complete, comprehensive win from the Galaxy last night, and I'll respectfully disagree and suggest they will carry that momentum into Saturday's game.