MLS - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Mar 6, 2012.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

That goal is sweet.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Montero is a fantastic player. If Zakuani comes back as the same player after his horrific injury, MLS teams will have their hands full stopping Seattle from scoring with Montero, Zak, and EJ.

Are teams in Europe after Montero? Why does it seem that mostly US players make the transition from MLS to Europe?

3. Clevelandmo

There is some tasty MLS actin this weekend on TV. Seattle takes on the Union at 4:40 pm ET on NBCSports network, LA v. amphetamine drinks at 8 pm ET on ESPN, both on Sat. FC Dallas v Colorado will be broadcast on Galavision at 7 pm ET on Sunday.

LA should be featuring all their DPs - Beckham, Keane, and Donovan while NYRB will be without Henry or Marquez (yay I dont have to watch him). Agudelo may make his first return after knee surgery.

Philly is coming off a tough loss that they will badly want to avenge but they will have to do it in Seattle in front of their rabid fans, and on a turf field which the players dont like. The Union's offense has yet to really click this season so let's see if they (come on Freddy) can get the job done in front of MLS' green monster.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Wow, that goal by Montero was sick.

Interesting question Mo about foreigners in MLS, but not transitioning to Europe. No idea why that is the case because it sure seems that way.

5. nevzter

Quakes concede in stoppage time to lose 2-1 to Vancouver. Hassli scored the winner and that dude looks like he just did a stint in Chino....

6. Clevelandmo

watched the LA v Energy drinks match, the whole thing :sleeping-sleeping: :sleeping-sleeping:

7. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

I am with you Mo, that was boring. I was on Facebook more than actually watching the game. The Galaxy are utter crap.

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Before the season started with the LA championship team intact, I would have sworn they would be dominating right now. Sheesh.

Anyway, another win for DC United.

9. Clevelandmo

Red Bulls rookie goalie is doing well; had another good game vs LA. Anyone else think he resembles a certain basketball legend.
    [​IMG]

10. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Will Perdue???? :scared-eek:

11. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Larry Bird. I don't see it that much, but can see how others would.

12. Clevelandmo

yep, Larry Bird. From certain angles he looks just like him.

13. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

Do I get a cookie for guessing right?

14. Clevelandmo

How about

:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

15. nevzter

Nice job. If that dude grows out the mullet and gets a perm - it's a damn close call. :banana-dance:

I'm of the opinion there needs to be more mullets and perms in professional sports. Carlos Puyol carries a torch - he could be slipped into the frontman / bassist spot for any 80s hairband. I think he was even the frontperson for Europe....

16. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

From my 6...in the air...off their right post...off the crossbar...into the left side netting......nothing but net.

17. dallasbill

dallasbill Member

Let's see how many of you are old enough to remember Jordan vs Bird commercials. Classic!

18. nevzter

Through the roof, off the blimp...weren't they for McDonalds?

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Yup, Mickey D's.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1shK-j_u6LI[/youtube]

20. Clevelandmo

What the heck was Jordan wearing?