MLS 2007 Schedule

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Feb 7, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Game and broadcast schedule Released

I note the MLS All-Star game has been moved up to July 19th... it will be played at the new Dick's Mile High in Colorado... uh... I dont think that's fair. As if the MLS needed more of an advantage!

Almost all LA Galaxy second half of season games will be nationally televised.... Somehow 'Eggs and basket' come to mind.

- Galaxy and Beckham scheduled into Columbus September 30th. Bummer, by then the bloom may be off and/or he may be hurt. I was hoping to see Crew stadium sold out for a league game once more.

Whereas Toronto has him/them coming to town Sunday August 5th, couldnt see that coming....nosir!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Interesting that ABC hasn't upped their coverage post-Beckham. It wouldn't have mattered here in SA anyhow. Our affiliates like putting on infomercials rather than things like soccer, NBA [non-Spurs], and MLB.

My 2007 pledge is to watch more MLS this year. Looking forward to watching the youngsters in the league.

3. jmh

jmh New Member

OK, I admit it: While I dislike the hype, I still probably will go to Giants Stadium to see Becks and the Galaxy when they come to town in August.

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

The Washington Post's Steve Goff has a good article about this in today's paper concerning in part the different ways teams are selling tickets for the Beckham game. DCU is not including it in either 1/2 season plan, but 1/2 season plan holders will receive preference for it when it goes on sale in July.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00718.html

As I've said before, I don't think there's a paper that covers soccer as completely as the post. For example, Goff has just started a soccer blog and he will be blogging during tonight's USA-Mexico game, so feel free to join in and mention Fulham. Here's the link for the blog:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/