MLB time again

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Apr 1, 2007.

?

Who wins MLB's World Series in 2007

1. NY Yankees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Boston Red Sox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Minnesota Twins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Anaheim [not LA] Angels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LA Dodgers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. SD Padres

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. St. Lous Cards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. NY Mets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Atlanta Braves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Somebody Else, you idiot!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, I'm watching the Mets v. Cards and realize that what used to be my favorite sport is kicking off again. So, time for a poll.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Astros fan, but this is a rebuilding year, and we've only got one good starter not on Social Security, so ... who wins it all?

By the way, I tried to have two teams per division, but that was too many options. So, I had to cut the Chisox, Reds, and A's.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh.... Now guess who's going to win the NL Central. But you're right.

3. BoilerBen

BoilerBen New Member

Think of all the 7 year olds that have never known that the yankess have won a World Series! I feel bad for those kids!! The Yankees will win this year!!!

4. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

You seriously didnt put my AL Champion Detroit Tigers on this list? Nobody else has a chance, the only reason the Cards won last year was the time off we had from the ass whooping we put on the A's. The Tigers take the Central, the AL, and the baseball world! Go Tigers!!

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Go Phillies and White Sox! Let the fun begin!!!

6. jmh

jmh New Member

What if I want to vote for the California (not Anaheim OR LA) Angels?

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Can't wait to make the 15 minute drive to the Big A tonight and watch my Angels open it up. They were originally the LA Angels then switched to California when they moved to the OC. Disney forced the change to Anaheim and Arte Moreno for marketing purposes tried to switch the name. While my Dodger buddies love to make the "LA of Anaheim/Tustin/SE Santa Ana....jokes, the Halos keep putting a quality product on the field. Moreno made his money in the billboard business so driving anywhere in the LA Basin you''ll liable to see the team insignia (there is no reference to any first name, just "Angels Baseball").

8. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

The Bees will take out everyone...i don't care if they're Triple A!!!

:)

9. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Really, really, really good stuff from King Felix and my Mariners last night. It was an absolute joy to watch him dominate the A's.

That said, I'm 99.49% sure that we won't be winning the Series this season, not with the questionable starters behind Hernandez and an offense that isn't up to scratch just yet.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I second that though on King Felix. I watched a good portion of that game and he was solid t say the least. I think this year might be his coming out party many have been expecting. Whether the rest of the team jumps on board with him remains to be seen.

11. dstriker

dstriker New Member

C'mon Sox and Cubs!!!

12. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

How 'bout Contreras Sox fans? Looks like well dominate you this year too. Go Tiggers!

13. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A season is not won or lost in one game. That is why this is a 162-game season. It was a horrible performance and all, but I am not worried....yet.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

On the other hand, The 'stros bullpen has blown two well-pitched games in the late innings while the office hasn't managed to score more than two runs AGAINST THE PIRATES. Looks like Scrap Iron has every manager's dream: 5 Roger Clemens in the rotation. That's exactly what happened to the Rocket dozens of times in each of the last two years.

It's going to be a loooooooooooong season in the Juice Box.

15. DCDave

DCDave Member

Re: RE: MLB time again

What he said. :D

16. dstriker

dstriker New Member

terry says:
    "How 'bout Contreras Sox fans? Looks like well dominate you this year too. Go Tiggers!"

Wow....1 winning season since 1984 and suddenly the Tigers are the '27 Yanks. If you think I'm worried after game 1 of a 162 game season..think again. The Tigers will tredge back to the bottom and find their rightful place in the AL Central alongside the Royals...Oh yeah...the Royals are 2-0..I suppose they're going to the Series..

Oh, and by the way..I hope the Tigers do dominate the Sox like they did last year when the Sox won 12 out of 19.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah, Dave. Sorry, pal; but I didn't see the Tigers getting out of the AL central this year any more than I saw the Astros getting out of the NL Central LAST year.

but, then again, "you idiot" is still leading the betteing for WS Champion!

18. dstriker

dstriker New Member

Don....were you in the Army? Nice Jungle Boots

19. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Re: RE: MLB time again

What a game... The Tigers were up 8-0 with 8 in the 3rd and 10-2 entering the eight after getting a meaningliess run in the bottom of the seventh. Then the bullpen blows up and the Jays score seven in the 8th to close to within one 10-9 (making that meaningless run much more meaningful). The Tigers get two on and can't score in the 8th, and in the 9th, Toronto gets two on and one out against Todd Jones (who'se good but can be scary in tight situations, too). Jones gets the last two out and the Tigers escape by the skin of their teeth.

I'll tell you, if Rodney is as bad as he'd been so far this season, with Rogers out, the pitching suddenly does not look to good. Also, from what I read, Mags let a couple of balls drop in front of him that he shouldn't have.

20. terry1lj

terry1lj New Member

RE: Re: RE: MLB time again

I can't defend "Rollercoaster Jones", but Rodney will shake off the cobwebs soon enough.