MLB playoffs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 24, 2007.

1. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Rocks win in 5.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Your buddy is one of those who subscribes to "These Men are all professionals! "- {copyright, 2005: Chris Coleman}

BS! It kicked the Injuns in the gonads! It had exactly the same effect as the fan interference in the Cubs series a couple years ago.

Would the Sox still have won? Maybe ...but it wouldnt have been any '11-3"

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

sox in 5.

if last year was any indication (read: Tigers), a long break before the world series is deadly for momentum

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Bummed about the Indians. The pitchers just couldnt get their acts together and the call on Lofton certainly was wrong. Same with 3rd base coach's decision. Poor Lofton, I was hoping he'd finally get a ring. But they have a good team and a great manager so as the Mets used to say way back when "wait 'til next year".

5. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I agree with Timmy. I don't see how the Rocks are going to hang with the Sox, which as a Yankee fan, depresses me to no end.

Sox in 5.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Memo to the Rockies pitchers:

I know you guys have had a long layoff, so just a reminder
    that there is 3 OUTS in an inning.

Signed:

Concerned Red Sox Haters

7. SoCalJoe

Memo to Rockies hitters not named Matt Holliday (he gets a personal memo on taking stupid leads off of 1st base).

Again taking your layoff into account, just a reminder when the Boston pitchers throw pitches down the middle the goal is to first swing (strange concept) and once you do swing to actually make contact. Please make corrections immediately or you will be swept.

Signed

Very Concerned Red Sox Haters

8. SoCalJoe

Memo to the Rockies;

It appears you are about to get swept (even Dice-K gets 2 out RBIs). Could you please win a game, more so for the fans who have Game 5 tickets and this is might be their once in a lifetime chance to see a WS game in person.

Resigned Red Sox Haters

9. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Did you mean years?

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Sigh, another winter spent listening to Red Sox fans boast and refuse to believe that I'm the ONLY baseball fan in the world who doesn't love them. And, yet another baseball season [2008] in which ESPN will feel fully justified in broadcasting each of their games.

Comment from my brother -- a suffering Twins fan: One reason Red Sox games take so long to play is Manny and Papi "walking out" their ground balls.

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

After seeing some of you whine about the Sox, I'm taking some extra delight in the Sox sweeping the Rockies.

Now I Know how Yankee fans feel when their team is unstoppable...shudder.

BTW, Papi would hustle down the first baseline if he could but the guy needs knee surgery ASAP, Ramirez on the on the other hand is a different story.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

the sox winning the series and the patriots in complete "F YOU!!" mode definitely make fulham's woes much more bearable.

and i understand why everyone hates (most) sox fans, but i still gotta stick up for my people:

i'm sorry that we have an organization that actually spends its money. yeah, we do have the second highest payroll in baseball. but the players that really shone during the playoffs were all farm talent. excluding jd drew's apocalyptic grandslam, all the big name players were either brought up through the system or acquired for chump change.

i could go on, but you all get the point.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

DC Heather! Okay, you're the exception to the "overbearing RedSox fan" generalization.

Congratulations. First Stuttgart, then the Sox, who's next?

14. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Woooo-hoooo!!! It's over, and thanks to Boston, quickly.

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Fulham? :?

The safer bet would be the Pats.

16. SoCalJoe

Congrats Heather, TimmyG, et al.. to the victor goes the spoils...I was just having a little fun in an otherwise brutally boring Series for non-fans of either team. As an Angel fan the pennant goes through the Yanks and Sox, no problem with the former, however can't beat the latter (goes back to Dave Henderson in '86).

Final Memo to the Rockies;

Thank you for participating, see you in another 15 years.

Jealous Red Sox Haters

17. SoCalJoe

A-Rod opts out

Thought this belonged here since Alex Rodriguez aka Mr. May and his snake-oil salesman of an agent decided to announce his free agency during the WS (pure class). In the car listening to his agent Scott Boras (he is w/out question the best in the biz) explain that A-Rod is 'concerned' about the direction of the Yankees, (so Scott he signed w/the Rangers because of their winning history??), I swear this guy could sell Konch hairgel.

I'm going to church and lighting candles, and praying that the Halos' owner Arte Moreno doesn't pay this loser $30 mill a year. Since he took over the team, parking has stayed the same at $8 (half than Dodger Stadium, which would be a good place for a Hollywood phony-type of guy that A-Rod is), beer prices went down, and tickets are still reasonable. Arte, please, please DON'T DRINK THE A-ROD KOOL-AID!!!!

18. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Cheers SoCalJoe...I know how you feel about the Sox. I would probably take a strong dislike to a team that kept knocking my team out of the playoffs. :(

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yesterday's San Antonio Express-News reported that Mike Coolbaugh's widow gave birth last Friday to a baby girl. It made me think that the young girl will grow up without a father, but she'll have a multitude of uncles thanks to the Colorado Rockies who awarded Mike's widow a full World Series share. A class thing for these guys to do for a minor league coach who wasn't with the organization long.

Good news about professional athletes is rare. The other guys may have swept the World Series, but the Rockies players and organizaiton are champions as far as I'm concerned.